• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

heres an idea!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
It probably isn't a bad idea on a small scale and it doesn't have to be a dollar. It could be five dollars. You sure as heck won't collect from every member anyway. Half of them were drive- by members who came to sell or get some of our free knowledge.
The best way to do it would be a sign up thread and as you sign up you get a number. First guy is #1 second guy is # 2 and so on. Then every week ADMIN could pick a number out of a hat and post it. Then that number gets put aside untill all are done. You could have one or two groups of one or two hundred people. A $2 a week group and a $5 per week group or whatever. The biggest thing would be trying to figure out who is serious. I think that a member of the group should have at least 100 posts so some lucky guy doesn't join the site today and win next week and then quit without paying his fair share.

It sure would be nice to get a thousand dollars all at once but that won't happen.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
2badrotties said:
It probably isn't a bad idea on a small scale and it doesn't have to be a dollar. It could be five dollars. You sure as heck won't collect from every member anyway. Half of them were drive- by members who came to sell or get some of our free knowledge.
The best way to do it would be a sign up thread and as you sign up you get a number. First guy is #1 second guy is # 2 and so on. Then every week ADMIN could pick a number out of a hat and post it. Then that number gets put aside untill all are done. You could have one or two groups of one or two hundred people. A $2 a week group and a $5 per week group or whatever. The biggest thing would be trying to figure out who is serious. I think that a member of the group should have at least 100 posts so some lucky guy doesn't join the site today and win next week and then quit without paying his fair share.

It sure would be nice to get a thousand dollars all at once but that won't happen.

This sounds like an educated plan. Anyone ready and willing to get this started?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
2Bad has a great idea there. I agree that is much more fair than going by number of posts or time...no contributions, no payout. Keep the ideas coming. Also, something to think about, who would control the money (pay ins and pay outs)...if it wcould be done electronically, it would make it faster and easier, but I know nothing of this sort. I could afford maybe ten-twenty bucks a month, though I am sure my wife would think it assanine. But a windfall of a couple thousand for my tranny conversion would be sweet!!!

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
not to load up johns wagon but maybe he could control the money, since it is his board and all. I'd say that you have to be a regular memeber with at least 6 months time in on your registered name, for it to be a serious deal as well as 100 or more serious post. John you listening?
Bronco Ben

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
Im in if this goes through. I just want to get my axles done! Just look at my face, you can tell I'm serious

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I'm sory but this has trouble written all over it. Think about it. Somebody isn't going to get what they think they deserve and then it turns ugly. Count me out. I wish you all the best if you proceed.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
SACHEM said:
I'm sory but this has trouble written all over it. Think about it. Somebody isn't going to get what they think they deserve and then it turns ugly. Count me out. I wish you all the best if you proceed.
I said that early in the thread,
This was how a big roaw started at work. SHe won't speak to him and he wants to kill him.
Then the IRS came callin!

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
Maybe I'm stupid and just dreaming here. But lets say 100 people get in on this deal. And the cycle last til all 100 people get $100 dollars. Doesn't that mean that everyone pays out a total of $100 dollars?

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
)Seeing as how this post will put me in 265th place. I would have to wait 5years-1month-1-week (1 dollar a week) before I saw anything come in the mail. So clearly....I'm in;D