• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heritage Limited Edition Question

dagger

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2 door Heritage Limited Edition Bronco from my local Ford Dealer. The Bronco is scheduled to be built mid next month and will probably arrive at the dealership by mid May. My question is how much over the sticker price ($69K) would you guys be willing to pay ?

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
Unfortunately, in this environment, the dealers have the upper hand so long as someone will pay above sticker. I was at the Toyota dealership yesterday getting my wife's 2022 Tundra TRD Pro serviced. I was talking to the salesman who sold me that vehicle (and 5 other Toyotas over the years) and he told me that they are, on average, selling new cars for 5-10k above sticker. For the specialty cars and TRDs, it's even more. With the pandemic and chip shortage, the automobile manufacturers tripped across a new business model, which has also benefited the dealerships. Keep manufacturing and inventory artificially low, thereby causing demand and prices to go high. There is probably a violation of some anti-trust laws, but until someone does something about it the auto manufacturers and dealers are making record profits. Good luck!

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Me ZERO, you I have no clue. I paid below MSRP ($52,000) for my 2022 Bronco. 70k for a stripe, white top and wheels seems steep. You could get those things done for around 5k and have plenty of money left over.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Same here, the amount of sticker I would pay is ZERO. I've never ever even paid sticker for a new car, but we are living in different times right now.

But as I've said before, I flat out refuse to pay a dealer markup/premium, I can wait till the supposed shortage and combined hype have waned. Quite frankly, you're better off waiting as well, gives time for all the new model kinks to be worked out meaning a lot less frustration.

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
Are people still paying over sticker for these? My local Dealer had 11 new broncos sitting on the lot. Not heritage models, but Broncos none the less. I'm in eastern PA, are they scared in other parts of the country?

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
Oh, to answer you question, I would never pay over sticker. New vehicles are a terrible investment so as it is, compounding that by over paying just seems crazy to me.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another vote for zero, they'll get someone to pay $5k or more over the sticker price I'm guessing since they're a limited edition. If you like the look buy a normal Bronco and paint the top, grille and wheels.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Zero, I think they look terrible. It's the worst looking Gen 6 they've produced imo. I wouldn't even pay sticker.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My heart says zero but reality says how bad do you want it? I paid 5k over sticker for my wife's bronco last summer. I just wanted it was sick of waiting for the one I had on order, they were asking 15K over I beat them down to 5K over. Now I wouldn't pay over sticker unless it was something I had to have, was in love with and knew I couldn't get for some time. If the truck has everything you want and you got the cash and don't want to wait then only you can answer the question of how much is it worth.

OP
OP
D

dagger

My heart says zero but reality says how bad do you want it? I paid 5k over sticker for my wife's bronco last summer. I just wanted it was sick of waiting for the one I had on order, they were asking 15K over I beat them down to 5K over. Now I wouldn't pay over sticker unless it was something I had to have, was in love with and knew I couldn't get for some time. If the truck has everything you want and you got the cash and don't want to wait then only you can answer the question of how much is it worth.
The issue is that Ford is only building 1966 of them over a two year span and only dealers can order them. I am sure prices will be all over the place when they do start showing up on dealer lots. I know of folks that paid $15K over sticker for Outer Banks model. Thanks for your reply.

77Bronco636

What’s your plans for the Bronco (keep it for a long time, flip it for a profit?) if it is a Bronco that you want to have over one of the other G6’s then id say go for it….if buying it to flip it then I’d watch how much over i would be willing to pay for it as it may not be a “quick flip” depending on the market (1966 of them is not a lot but what will the demand be is hard to tell till they hit the market)..that would be about 40 per state of each (so 80 total of 2 door and 4 door)…..hope this helps!

OP
OP
D

dagger

What’s your plans for the Bronco (keep it for a long time, flip it for a profit?) if it is a Bronco that you want to have over one of the other G6’s then id say go for it….if buying it to flip it then I’d watch how much over i would be willing to pay for it as it may not be a “quick flip” depending on the market (1966 of them is not a lot but what will the demand be is hard to tell till they hit the market)..that would be about 40 per state of each (so 80 total of 2 door and 4 door)…..hope this helps!
I am planning to keep it as I really like the throwback look of the light blue with the white top. The squared off fenders are also a nice touch. Thanks for your input.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Are people still paying over sticker for these? My local Dealer had 11 new broncos sitting on the lot. Not heritage models, but Broncos none the less. I'm in eastern PA, are they scared in other parts of the country?

that part of the country could just have the stubborn folks like us that ain't paying over the true value

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL
I am planning to keep it as I really like the throwback look of the light blue with the white top. The squared off fenders are also a nice touch. Thanks for your input.
I thought robins egg blue is only available on the sport? Or is there a different light blue for the full size?

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I wouldn't have an issue with over sticker IF you have something to trade. Right now trade in prices are over sticker. I paid $20k over sticker for my 6g but the dealer I purchased my Ford Focus RS 3 years prior gave me every penny I paid them for that vehicle in trade. I drove that car for 3 years for free. So, yea, I feel like they paid me $15k over sticker for that trade in, I was willing to go $20 over for my 6g. And I wasn't ever on any waiting list, so I didn't have that to fall back on. How was I suppose to know the new 6G was going to be so awesome?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I wouldn't have an issue with over sticker IF you have something to trade. Right now trade in prices are over sticker. I paid $20k over sticker for my 6g but the dealer I purchased my Ford Focus RS 3 years prior gave me every penny I paid them for that vehicle in trade. I drove that car for 3 years for free. So, yea, I feel like they paid me $15k over sticker for that trade in, I was willing to go $20 over for my 6g. And I wasn't ever on any waiting list, so I didn't have that to fall back on. How was I suppose to know the new 6G was going to be so awesome?

nice that it worked out well for you