• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HID Headlight Kits

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey guys,

I have arranged a group buy on high quality Xenon and Bi-Xenon HID kits.

Bi-Xenon (Low and High Beam)

At 5 sets the discount is 25% and price is $104.99

At 10 sets the discount is 35% and price is $90.99

At 15 sets the discount is 40% and price is $83.99

Xenon (single beam)

At 5 sets the discount is 25% and price is $95.99

At 10 sets the discount is 35% and price is $83.19

At 15 sets the discount is 40% and price is $76.94

Any bulb style is possible with the price reflective of that bulb. Look at his store to check for bulb

http://stores.ebay.com/HidKitXenonS...48122014&_sid=864030714&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Newer vehicles require the Canbus ballast which costs $10 more if you have something newer.

These are shipped prices.

So far, we are at the 10+ mark. If anyone is interested, Let me know

Last edited:

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So is the 40% discount at 15 or 10? Also, the link doesn't work (for me at least). Says store doesn't exist

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
I'm looking at light upgrades, how do these match up to led headlights?

1966,351w,m5od,205....3.5" lift, 2" body, 37/13/15 boggers

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm confused. The auction linked above is only $64. What am I missing?

That auction is for a projector headlight. If you read the line above it.

"There are true projector headlights out there as well for those wanting the ultimate in HID lighting."

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Just for those who may wish to maximize the output of a set of hids. A halogen projector headlight will work but will diffuse the light a bit more than a true HID projector.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That auction is for a projector headlight. If you read the line above it.

"There are true projector headlights out there as well for those wanting the ultimate in HID lighting."

You just made me even more confused. So, what is being sold with the discount and how does that compare to the auction? It seems to me that the auction is an HID bulb AND a projection lens. Not sure what the discounted item is (no pictures of what you get) plus it's more expensive.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
You just made me even more confused. So, what is being sold with the discount and how does that compare to the auction? It seems to me that the auction is an HID bulb AND a projection lens. Not sure what the discounted item is (no pictures of what you get) plus it's more expensive.

Ok,

I will try to simplify.

The auction link in post #5 was posted FOR A PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT. They are designed to maximize performance of HID lights.

I just posted the first one I saw to demonstrate the headlight. They can be purchased alone. The problem with those combined packages is the HIDS are cheap and are known to burn out right away, flicker and run too hot and can literally melt the headlight.

The supplier I chose guarantees his kits to be the brightest, non flickering coolest running etc. etc. on the market. Read the info on a package in one of his links. I don't buy crap to save $10 only to have to buy it again in 4 months. You get what you pay for.

Does this clear things up?

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Or you could buy from Heus33 and support a member here, albeit at a much higher cost.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208435&highlight=projector

oh, and you would be legal going with Hues, whereas these ebay kits just replace the bulb and not the housing, illegal and you look gay.

The headlight link I posted is for a set of those same housings. Even if they were purchased as a package at $65 and you still purchased the kit I chose at FULL price of $139 Bi_Xenon, you would come in at $205. Less than half of the $520+ price tag. And you would be legal.

I posted this to try to save us all money dude. Times are tough so why fill anyone else's pockets with a substanial profit if you can do it yourself?

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Those cheap ebay projector lights are crap the light goes everywhere. Pay for a good set like heus33 or get a h4 upgrade. The ebays projectors will get you pulled over quick by the cops.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The headlight link I posted is for a set of those same housings. Even if they were purchased as a package at $65 and you still purchased the kit I chose at FULL price of $139 Bi_Xenon, you would come in at $205. Less than half of the $520+ price tag. And you would be legal.

Don't be surprised when your housing doesn't fit. The sellers list the 7" round housing, you linked to, as compatible with a 1995 Jeep Wrangler. Round peg, square hole.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
I am not easily "surprised" by anything. I am used to custom fabrication in order to achieve a goal. I have been doing so for twenty years. I realize that not everyone is capable of that.

We have the same problem with our 89-93 Thunderbird Supercoupe's. There are no aftermarket clear lens or projector headlights available so you have to make them yourself unfortunately or try to adapt a similiar headlight. If you have poor night vision and wish to be able to see the road and any possible surprises, you have to do it. My brother's and I almost hit a Moose on the highway a few months ago. You drive into 900 pounds of meat at 60 mph, you can probably kiss your azz good bye.

Many members of the SCCOA and TCCOA use hids in their later model cars with clear lens headlights and do not have any issues with oncoming driver's or the law. I purchased a lifted Ramcharger a year and a half ago that had them installed by the previous owner 9 years prior to my purchasing the truck. He never had any trouble and they are quite bright even though they are the first generation 35W system.

Not everyone can afford to spend $600 on headlights, especially during these times. There are cheaper alternatives if someone did wish to buy a better product and spend less. You just have to find them.

http://www.tlg-auto.com/GTR_Lighting_Tru_Projector_7_Round_Conversion_p/5010711.htm

I am sure that these sellers can be approached for GB's on their products to offer better price if enough people were interested just as with the HID bulb kits I in my first post.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Or you could buy from Heus33 and support a member here, albeit at a much higher cost.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208435&highlight=projector

oh, and you would be legal going with Hues, whereas these ebay kits just replace the bulb and not the housing, illegal and you look gay.

I installed a set from Heus33. They work well and I like the look. The kit had a bad ballast when I first installed and Heus33 sent me a replacement, no questions asked.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 78

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
TheFlex not trying to rain on your deal but if you just want a Hid kit for a H4 set check out Hidnation.com a high low set up starts at $38.99 and they offer a lifetime warranty for $9.50 extra. I have used them in the past and they stand by their product. just do your self a favor and buy a good H4 housing not a cheap Ebay projector in less you want to just flush your money down the drain. I have a set of Heus33 lights and they are well worth the price. I can under stand money being tight but there are better alternatives.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I installed a set from Heus33. They work well and I like the look. The kit had a bad ballast when I first installed and Heus33 sent me a replacement, no questions asked.

Looks Awesome... :D