• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hideaway Subwoofer

msommer001

Folks,
I have looked up and down in the forum and have not found a post that I seen a few weeks ago that showed a hideaway subwoofer installed under the passenger seat.

Anyone know of this post or have any details about this install?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Passenger seat or rear seat? I remember one recently about the rear seat with 2 speakers mounted under it. I might have missed the one under the passenger seat.

BPerry

Folks,
I have looked up and down in the forum and have not found a post that I seen a few weeks ago that showed a hideaway subwoofer installed under the passenger seat.

Anyone know of this post or have any details about this install?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

This one?

20220623_175859.jpg

BPerry

I tried for a couple hours to fit it under the passenger seat and was not successful. Rear seat it will be.

Rear is more ideal, won't interfere with the entire mechanics of the passenger seat. Plus will keep the acoustics behind the ears.

I mounted these up front and some utv pods on the rear fender well.

Attachments

• 20220904_192153.jpg
    20220904_192153.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220904_192216.jpg
    20220904_192216.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 62

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Sub sounds are non directional so I built a box and mounted it under the pass seat. 16 yrs, worked great.

I run top less or a 1/2 cab w/o a rear window for 23 yrs and tried spkrs behind the seats but you lose so much due to wind noise and 55mph.

Anyway, worked great.

OP
OP
msommer001

msommer001

Got it under the rear seat and it is a great fit. Ran wires and will make final connections today/tomorrow.

Now I have to deal with getting the rear seat back on…bolts are right above the frame rails. I need to find some large rivet inserts to simplify rear seat install and removal.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Sub sounds are non directional so I built a box and mounted it under the pass seat. 16 yrs, worked great.

I run top less or a 1/2 cab w/o a rear window for 23 yrs and tried spkrs behind the seats but you lose so much due to wind noise and 55mph.

Anyway, worked great.

i noticed this too! sitting in the driveway my sub sounds great (under the rear seat). Start driving down the street and i'm like "what happened to my bass?":LOL:

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I’ve installed a Sound Ordinance powered sub behind the rear seat in several trucks. Pretty compact and decent sound quality in a bronco which is an acoustical nightmare.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Phred... You're being kind when you say a Bronco is an acoustical nightmare!! :)

It's gotta be one of the worst to try to get good sound...

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Got it under the rear seat and it is a great fit. Ran wires and will make final connections today/tomorrow.

Now I have to deal with getting the rear seat back on…bolts are right above the frame rails. I need to find some large rivet inserts to simplify rear seat install and removal.

Check these out. Ill see if I have pictures. Work great for quick install and removal and below the ribs of bed ribs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
msommer001

msommer001

Check these out. Ill see if I have pictures. Work great for quick install and removal and below the ribs of bed ribs.

Thanks. That does look like a good option. Photos of these installed would be great.

Mark

ratbilt

Contributor
This is mine (my interior is highly modified) sub is under drivers seat amp is under pass seat.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.JPG
    IMG_1854.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 89

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Thanks. That does look like a good option. Photos of these installed would be great.

Mark

I believe I bought 1 strip and cut it in half. They are made from aluminum and purchased the recessed bolt for them from the company. I drilled hole thru bed and have a nut/lockwasher underneath. You can move the bolts as far back or as far front as you want. Very clean, very easy to take seat out on in.

amfw

I run a sound ordnance powered sub under my passenger seat. My seats aren't stock (procar rally) but I think the footprint is same as stock. The sub is OK, my last build I made a custom box for the back and it sounded better, but ate up more room. I'm kind of picky about sound (while realizing the limits of an EB) but this thing definitely does the job. It fills in the low end nice enough for me, but it's not gonna rattle the windows in the car next to you.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html