• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

subwoofer ideas

Texas CB

Loc.
Austin
I am looking hard right now of getting the 8" marine grade bazooka tube with its own internal class D amp. Will have to go take some measurements to see where I can cram it, but at about 22x10x11 I should be able to find somewhere.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
I am looking hard right now of getting the 8" marine grade bazooka tube with its own internal class D amp. Will have to go take some measurements to see where I can cram it, but at about 22x10x11 I should be able to find somewhere.

Mount it to the B hoop if you have a cage, mount a fire extinguisher on the other side.

Texas CB

Loc.
Austin
Mount it to the B hoop if you have a cage, mount a fire extinguisher on the other side.

Pretty much what I am thinking. Not sure if its worth going with the 10" tube then but I dont listen to rap or anything. The hardest I go is cranking AC/DC or GNR

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Harbor freight sells cans for 35 bucks... kinda cool had I not blew my wad on a duff bumper already I would be all over something like this

DSC_0617-p1_zps7a351d08.jpg

The audio guy that worked on the Chip Foose Bronco did the subwoofer in the 5 gallon gas can as well. Mounted it on a mounting plate in the back passenger side of the truck. I'm assuming, the guys that they had working on the audio knew about possible flex issues with the can and did something to address it???

Which I knew what it was ?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I checked the specs on an Cerwin-Vega 10" I have around and it is 1 cu ft. My 12" Pyle driver needs 2.5 cu ft for 30 hz but will work in a smaller enclosure with a higher low end frequency. Read the documentation before you buy - it may work in a small enclosure but need 700 watts to make good sound!

JK

Loc.
Kent, WA
I checked the specs on an Cerwin-Vega 10" I have around and it is 1 cu ft. My 12" Pyle driver needs 2.5 cu ft for 30 hz but will work in a smaller enclosure with a higher low end frequency. Read the documentation before you buy - it may work in a small enclosure but need 700 watts to make good sound!

Is the 2.5 cubes you're talking about ported? I've never seen a 12" sub that requires that kind of airspace in a sealed enclosure. Even the baddest subs on the market (i.e. DD, Resonant Enigineering, Sundowns, etc.) don't require that kind of airspace sealed. Unless you are building something that will mount independent behind the rear seat, it's gonna be hard to come up with enough airspace to go ported. Most 10-12" subs will do fine in <1 Cu_ft. There are obviously exceptions. Hopefully the Bazooka will be the sound you're looking for!

TAWL_BOY

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Friendswood, TX
I have a handful of new Elemental Designs e3.8 DVC 8" subs that I'm trying to get rid of for cost. $45
All these kids in Houston don't want 8's and they don't want anything that isn't Kicker or Fosgate.

They'd be great if you're running a top. I don't think they'd do well being exposed to direct sun.