• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

High pitch noise

nickm

Loc.
South Houston
I had a noise like that I found today. It was the master cylinder leaking vacuum between the MC and booster.

79driver

Front wheel bearings, jack it up and try to wiggle the front wheels top to bottom, there should be no play in it. They will sometimes squeel as they are going out.

flyn4it

I had a similar noise on my truck, haunted me for a couple of years. Ended up being a bearing on a pulley to adjust the belt for the old add on AC compressor. I only heard the noise after driving over 40 miles or so, enough for it to heat up.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it an automatic trans? Perhaps it's the pump or torque converter going bad.

Paul

BroncoBrandon

I currently have a similar noise. I think it may be the belt. the noise only appears when i'm moving but if i push the clutch in the noise stops. I think that it could be my alternator belt because the volt meter is all over the place.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When you push the clutch in, are you letting the engine go down to an idle? Or keeping it at the same rpm?

Paul

canrel

Loc.
Bakersfield Ca.
BroncoBrandon, Try lifting the clutch pedal with your foot while it is making the noise. Or just slight pressure on the pedal. If your noise goes away or changes it could be the throw out bearing. Had similar problem with a new clutch kit in an Accord.