• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

High value Bronco driver insurance

bblaker

So im trying to get insurance for my bronco and am having trouble...i can get stated value only under severe driving restrictions...i want to drive my bronco everywhere to from work tow it whatever...but it is crazy nice....appraised at 100k and i dont think i could rebuild it for even that....anyone have any experience or advice....

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Have you checked ANPAC Chrome?

Avoid 'stated value' there are weasel words in the small print of those policies that allow 'or market value whichever is less' or a similar wording and you can bet they will find a way to pay less than what you think.

What you need is agreed value.

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
Newbie, Bronco appraised at $100K,...?

No pictures, ....and want to drive any time, any where .....I think with that little information, it is a little difficult to guide you in the right direction. ....

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
StnePny, I agree.

As for insurance, I'm a fan of Hagerty.

Norm

Bruduf

I like hagerty too, but could only get an agreed value of 19,000 on my 26000 mile bronco I bought from the original 85 year old owner. Looking at the prices this seems pretty low to me for an original low mileage bronco in excellent condition.

OP
OP
B

bblaker

Don't know how to add photos...
Newbie, Bronco appraised at $100K,...?

No pictures, ....and want to drive any time, any where .....I think with that little information, it is a little difficult to guide you in the right direction. ....

OP
OP
B

bblaker

Pics might appear not sure lol

Attachments

• 20161218_085257.jpg
    20161218_085257.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 20161216_160224.jpg
    20161216_160224.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20161212-123056.jpg
    Screenshot_20161212-123056.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20161211-172740.jpg
    Screenshot_20161211-172740.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 158

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
An all stock Bronco is easy to get covered for agreed value but there are some usage restrictions. Anything that is modified for off-road is going to send up a flare. Hagerty would probably freak out if you sent them pictures of yours. Good luck!

OP
OP
B

bblaker

Well that's kind of my problem i can get it insured if i want to sit it in a covered garage and drive it twice a month!
But it is a bronco and i want to drive the heck out of it...and have full coverage should something bad happen on the road!

An all stock Bronco is easy to

get covered for agreed value but there are some usage restrictions. Anything that is modified for off-road is going to send up a flare. Hagerty would probably freak out if you sent them pictures of yours. Good luck!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, you want agreed value. You will probably need an in person appraisal, with a pile of receipts. You will probably have to say it is mostly for show and cruise nights because if you mention off road they will not insure for that and might not write a policy for you at all. Any off road damage will be on you no matter what. Your premium will reflect the agreed value. Some underwriters do not have any mileage restrictions, some do. Good luck

Broncitis

MEB Founder
No appraisal needed when we were with haggarty and now Grundy. We've had agreed value policies on several of our Broncos for nearly 15 years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The only agreed value policy I have is with Hagerty but that is for my boat.

All I can think of is trying to insure a $100k car for a daily driver is going to cost you about the same as a $100k super car for daily use. It isn't going to be cheap.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, if you value your classic much higher than book value you will need an appraisal. Your insurance co will have someone near you to appraise it.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Hi, if you value your classic much higher than book value you will need an appraisal. Your insurance co will have someone near you to appraise it.
All of ours are significantly over "book value" and did not require appraisals.

However, they are not insured for what they are likely actually worth since that costs even more. Its sort of self-insuring part of it and taking on some of the risk in the interest of lower annual premiums. Enough to cover what is invested in them, but not necessarily what they are now worth today.

I'm certain that the balloon chaser ambulance would appraise very high and likely sell even higher to the right collectors.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nothing Special

Keep in mind that insurance companies typically make a lot of money. They do that by having people pay more in premiums than the company pays out in settlements. So chances are you will pay more than $100,000 in premiums before you will need to make a claim for that amount.

My way to deal with this is to not insure things that I can afford to lose. I don't have a $100,000 Bronco, and I'm not sure if I would feel like I could afford to lose it or not (I know I couldn't afford to replace it).

I'm not sure what this means to you, maybe nothing. But if you are going to use a $100,000 vehicle you probably have to pay for it twice if you insure it.

Germd

>>this. My guess is that if they even write a policy the premium will be exorbitant & will include exclusions for off road use.
That said - that is a SUPER nice rig!

Keep in mind that insurance companies typically make a lot of money. They do that by having people pay more in premiums than the company pays out in settlements. So chances are you will pay more than $100,000 in premiums before you will need to make a claim for that amount.

My way to deal with this is to not insure things that I can afford to lose. I don't have a $100,000 Bronco, and I'm not sure if I would feel like I could afford to lose it or not (I know I couldn't afford to replace it).

I'm not sure what this means to you, maybe nothing. But if you are going to use a $100,000 vehicle you probably have to pay for it twice if you insure it.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mr. Blaker-
Don't know if this will help, but here are my experiences over the years:
Mid 2000's had to get a higher value rig(not your number but pretty cool for 2005/6) insured to ride a friend's trailer from NC to Cali- My local NC Farm Bureau Ins. agent required receipts, pics and written doc. He is a bit of a gear head and did like the rig-stated value policy deal.
Fast forward to 2011/12- went to the trouble of getting a "buggy with eb skins" titled ins. etc. Mainly so it would be covered when we went to different events. Still with the same company, had much better paperwork on the buggy making it a breeze to ins. Agent still wanted pics etc. Documented garage storage etc...... Paper trail is your friend.

Others have posted horror stories on "not covered for off-road use". Our agent asked if I would be taking it down the 1/8mile(he had my 'stangs ins. back in the day). I said, "no just trail riding".........He said cool-don't call me if you flop it in a comp!!!

Nice rig you have and welcome