• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley Terminator EFI fuel pump pressure??

stus70brc

Contributor
Going with Holley Terminator EFI kit trying to figure out my fuel plumbing. Going with BC tank with internal pump. Holley says fuel pressure needs to be within 43-45 psi, stock mustang pumps run 160 litter/hr 36 psi??? So I'm thinking using a Edelbrock 190 liter/hr 100 psi regulate it down to 45psi? Edelbrock also has a 155 litter/hr 45psi max, but running the pump at max will it shorten it's life?? That's why I am thinking about going with the 100 psi pump so it wouldn't be running at max pressure.Using -6 an fittings. I'm I going in the right direction??

jhill52

I used to work for Walbro as an application engineer for a lot of years. All the fuel pumps mentioned will last well at 40 - 45 psi. Fuel pressure is determined by the regulator not the pump. The Mustang pumps will live at anywhere from 15 to 60 psi without issue. Put the Walbro fuel pickups on it and you should not have any problems.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just installed this kit, if you search Holley Terminator you will easily find my thread. On your fuel pressure the numbers you show are correct, however, if you use the regulator that Holley recommends and connect the vacuum line to manifold vacuum it will show pressures as low as 28 to 30 most of the time. Otherwise they recommend a static setting of 43.5. I'm not sure how all that works but when working through a stumbling issue with a Holley tech I learned that those pressures were good. My issue turned out to be not enough tank vent. Good Luck, I like the kit so far.