• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hood Options for a tall air cleaner etc...

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
;D

Ahhh... Hello all!!

well then, in effort to invest more money I'll never even come close to recovering I am think'n of ditch'n the WH fiberglass hood and do a stock mtl hood.... BUT perhaps w/a shaker?!?!?! ?:?

Any of Y-all do it yet? I know the 2003-4 mach1's had a cool shaker.

I have the edldbrock hat box look'n deal... Like it no plant to ditch it.

HERE IS THE QUESTION... :p what is the best and MOST importantly, easiest to install in so far as clearance etc. I do indeed like the looks of the "Shaker" hood... and the tear drop scoop from the %) early camaro %) ...like the 1 spicoly totaled in Fast Times @ Ridgmont...

PICTURES would be appreciated as well!!!!!!!! ;D

thx

:cool:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
there was a good thread on the shaker hood a while back...
i guess your options are the same as always...
bubble, cowl, body lift

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I still say the 70-71 Torino/Ranchero Shaker will look the best on an EB.
I have ever get ahold of another shaker assembly I will do it to one of my EBs.
The cowl induction one you see on my 77 is a fiberglass piece. Notice no center ridgeline?
Here is some pics....

Attachments

• rancheroweb.jpg
    rancheroweb.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 36
  • scoop1.jpg
    scoop1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00135.JPG
    DSC00135.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 39
  • 2rods.jpg