• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hood Shocks

workhorse

Have any of you guys installed hood shocks other than the kits you buy?

Do you have a part number on the shocks? Mounting locations? I hate to be a cheap Bast$%^, but I would really like to do this this week end.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I think the shocks they sell in the kit are 24 in, I'd check but I have too much stuff on the hood and nowhere to put it. Get some of the shocks that come with the some hardware...the nipple on one end and thread on the other. I paid 21 a piece for the ones I used for my tonneau cover, are a bit longer, they came with hardware. You can use fence clips from home depot for mounts, just get the thick ones with the hole in the middle for mounting. You can cut them down as needed to mount to the fender and hood. Dont forget nuts and washers too, most of them are fine thread or metric.

I attached a pic of the clip I am trying to describe.

Attachments

• ton3.jpg
    ton3.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 80

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
hood shocks for 15 bucks

Got mine from a Nissan mini van
rear hatch shocks with mounting hardware. Mounted them opposite to the kit style as I want them out of the way when I am working on the Bronco not blocking my access to the motor compartment. Some pics for you. Also did the same with the rear hatch and some inexpensive lift shocks from Princess auto.

Attachments

• hoodshock1.JPG
    hoodshock1.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Hoodshock1.jpg.JPG
    Hoodshock1.jpg.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 33
  • hoodshock2.JPG
    hoodshock2.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Hoodshock2.jpg.JPG
    Hoodshock2.jpg.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Hoodshock3.jpg.JPG
    Hoodshock3.jpg.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 43
  • Hoodshock4.jpg.JPG
    Hoodshock4.jpg.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Hoodshock5.jpg.JPG
    Hoodshock5.jpg.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Hoodshock.jpg.JPG
    Hoodshock.jpg.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 32

BLAKEBRONCO

Loc.
Cumming Georgia
Thanks for the info. Do you guys think that a set off a F250 hood would work? They are only about 17" lg and mount really close to the base of the hood. I wonder if there will be too much weight from the mounts out.

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
we built the set on my dads, modeled them after the james duff (i think) kit that i recieved as a gift for my bronco, so i just copied thiers and we bought the shocks, they only cost about 21 bucks a piece at the local automotive/sporting goods store