• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Horn Keeps Blowing

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
The horn on my Bronco keeps blowing at random or the most inopportune times. Mostly when turning in parking lots and putting pressure on the steering wheel. It has the original '66 factory steering wheel and horn components and I recently replaced the retainer tab because the original one had 1 of the tabs broken off for many years which meant only 2 tabs were holding the horn button in (this probably prevented inadvertent blowing in the past).

I have already tried tightening down the steering wheel on the steering shaft to hopefully create a little more space between the horn button and the contacts in the steering wheel. My next thought is to try a new horn button spring but wanted to check here first to see if anyone had any advice or similar experiences and came to a resolution.

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
Mine did that and it turned out to be the turn signal switch. The contact for the horn was shorting to ground causing the horn to go off.