• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hose clamps

BRONCO635

640bcad63dcc6ebd3a4682da54205b0b.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get more of these style oem ford later model hose clamps? I really like them. Just look so much cleaner that old worm style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm sure new ones are available but those are something I'd grab at the junkyard myself.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
BRONCO635

BRONCO635

That's what I was thinking just hate going there. Yard guys around here think they have gold plated products out there. Lol

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I was watching a car show on Saturday, I think it was "Sam's Garage" where he was claiming those spring types were better than the worm drive clamps. He said the worm drive would have an uneven clamp force, damaging the hose.
Makes sense.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That's what I was thinking just hate going there. Yard guys around here think they have gold plated products out there. Lol

Those fit in your pockets.....

Todd Z.

jkskier

Loc.
Western Washington
Happy medium might be Oetiker clamps. Seems they're the recommended clamp for jet ski fuel lines, as I've been learning lately. Downside is you have to cut them off.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure what size you are looking for but I found some of the smaller ones at hardware stores like True Value or Ace. Maybe even homeport centers too!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
The two i used on mine leaked. Had to replace them with screw type. But they do look clean. Maybe new ones work better but i had no luck with used ones

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
My vote is for the power grip. I have used them on my build and will be using them on all future builds.

beac85673caa96103068a6d304c01858.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RPM289

My hatred for them comes from someone installing them when the engine is accessible in build line but NOT SO when in the vehicle!!!! I seem to always have fits getting pliers on (or remotely close) them to get them off!!! NEVER enough room!

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
The two i used on mine leaked. Had to replace them with screw type. But they do look clean. Maybe new ones work better but i had no luck with used ones
My experience with the spring style is they don't work well if a worm clamp was used previously and some of the less expensive hoses out there have a rather wide tolerance on the ID and the spring clamps don't stand a chance with a "loose" fitting hose. And yes, they are always in the wrong location when you need to take them off! I do prefer them especially when matched with other good quality components.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I used these on my main hoses, they aren't as clean as the stock clamps. But they don't leak, a lot of are semi trucks use this style clamps, that's were I got the idea to try them on my 74.

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 43

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you actually check pricing at the dealer yet? I don't know about that part, but every once in awhile they have some crazy low pricing on stuff.
I now buy a lot of the little things for my Buick from the GM dealer. Trim, pieces, keys and cutting, clips and brackets, all come in at less than the auto parts stores and, in some cases, even less than the junkyards.

Very surprised the first time that happened, but it's been pretty consistent now for several years.
Hopefully Ford is following suit. But as always.... Your results may vary!

Good luck.

Paul