• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hot Springs on July 4th anyone?

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Well, so far the pressure has been to keep he f'in truck running. Ran hot on Ultimate Adventure and shut off on me. Had to get drug to the trailer. While I was cooling off I yanked the clutch fan and put on the rigid I originally had. Think I'm gonna order BC's 6-blade rigid and try that. After cooling still wouldn't start. No fire again. I'm really tired of ignition problems. Powers and grounds are good. Went into town and got a coil and hei module. Installed the hei and away we went.

Ran into this guy from AR that built his own buggy with no Offroad experience or buggy building/driving experience.
Talked him into Horsepower Hill for his first drive ever. He killed it on both sides. He heard stories of Showtime Hill but decided against that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372986627.825166.jpg

After watching him show off we headed to 4 Fingers to see how he buggy flexed. My s**t shut down with one foot on the rock slab. Not runnin hot, no fire. Dammit! It was not fun dragging it back out of that!

Went into town and bought an MSD. They didn't have an MSD dizzy or I would have bought hat. I may go back for a Duraspark dizzy in the morning but I need to know what gear I have. Also I need to either find he application for a small cap with male posts, buy new plug wires or a smaller air filter setup.

Letting it sit for the night. I'll go in early in the am to start swapping.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good luck with the swap. Sorry to hear about the troubles too. Always something right.

That buggy is pretty sweet. Don't think ive been to horsepower hill yet or I rode by without noticing. LOL

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
There was no sign, but that's what I was told it was called. It's the two climbs to the left of the 3 tall hills where the group pics are taken at OCBR. Just inside the woodline.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372993303.544513.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sounds like plan. You get alot more pics as co pilot too. ;) have fun. Hopefully no damn rain

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Swapped an MSD module and its been fine all day. Did Squids Jaunt as a test and it was fine. Hooked up with some Louisiana boys and tamed Ingrid's Revenge. Was told I carried the front wheels on part of that. Moved to Baileys Boulders but the carb didn't agree with that one.

Zack drove on Fun Run and another 3 rated i cant remember right now.

Grabbing some grub and going back out!

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Awesome... Sounds like it's time for EFI ;)

Yep. Promised Zachary it'll be on there for next time. Funny thing is, the gutter axles and wheels came from (classic4x4s, also made the tube doors) is thinking if going back to carb since he's only on the street now. I told him if so I'm buying his whole setup. Only catch is I'll have to go to a 351...oh yeah!

OP
OP
broncoman1972

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Well. Finished out the weekend with Danny of Danny's Drivetrain and his family. Wheeled Rubicon Ridge. Earlier Zack drove on the Revine and the Gorge. Stalled out on a mild bump on the Gorge and wouldn't restart. The buggy with us broke a front d/s u joint trying to pull us and we winched until the battery could do no more while he went for reinforcements. While he was gone I found a pinched ground for the MSD. Rigged that and finished out the day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373166230.835916.jpg

Oh, had a major trail blowout along the way.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373166314.438968.jpg

And I talked to Terry. He's keeping his EFI. Denied....