• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hot Springs ORV - Hot Springs AR

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
That's not how you go into it. You look a the purchase price as an investment that recoup when you sell/flip later on, which by that time should be more. Somebody with that kind of money has to decide if the yearly return is enough. Not a problem I will ever have to figure out, lol

That wasn't my point I was trying to make !!!!

I am interested iff that place makes profit .... and can It mend all yearly bills and prox. 80k mortgage payments per year to just brake even !!!

if so I agree its a good buy !! ....again I like to see the books and tax flings ! also state law and environmental certificates showing it can remain a off road park for indefinite !!

Franko

Tugross302

I find it hard to believe people actually pay to go off-roading. I go almost everyday for my work. I can turn left out of my driveway and drive all day through mud and rocks and only cross blacktop one time. 30-40000 acres owned by a paper company with a few thousand acres owned by us and others mixed in. People camp there and bring side by sides or rail cars or dune buggies and never pay A penny.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I find it hard to believe people actually pay to go off-roading. I go almost everyday for my work. I can turn left out of my driveway and drive all day through mud and rocks and only cross blacktop one time. 30-40000 acres owned by a paper company with a few thousand acres owned by us and others mixed in. People camp there and bring side by sides or rail cars or dune buggies and never pay A penny.

Would be nice, but if you want to wheel gotta pay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tugross302

Ransil^^^ you aren’t too far away from me. Come on down and I’ll lead ya around to all the muddin you want as long as I can ride with you. Mine will probably never see dirt. Promise it won’t cost you a dime

Broncobowsher

Total hack

Isn't even that nice out west. We don't have a pay per use so much as OHV vehicle registration. Even the dunes need a dune pass. State land use permits.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ransil^^^ you aren’t too far away from me. Come on down and I’ll lead ya around to all the muddin you want as long as I can ride with you. Mine will probably never see dirt. Promise it won’t cost you a dime

Mud sux. Haha. Too much to clean up

Mostly the pay is to cover park fees. T shirts for that event. For any particular club that may be putting on that event

Just depends on where / when you go

I saw where trail hero in Utah in Oct was like $50 per trail per day. Whoooah. Hadn’t seen that before. But that $$ goes back to help preserve the land around there

Guess it depends on what you are used to

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I find it hard to believe people actually pay to go off-roading.

I find it hard to believe that people actually pay to have their car/truck worked on.... But I'm a mechanic, so... not everyone is.

It's like a guy who commutes an hour each way for work. He doesn't own a truck, but every now and then he needs to move furniture or something. So he rents a truck.

Some folks live in over populated areas where there are no rocks to climb. Others don't want mud. BUT!...we all pay to use the asphalt, for sure...

Tugross302

I didn’t mean to be negative towards anyone. I should have said I can’t believe people HAVE to pay to go wheeling. I understand why people do it since they’re are way more people without access to a place to ride. It’s just a different idea to what I’m used to. After thinking about where I’ve traveled and seeing heavily populated areas I understand that a day out wheeling would be tougher to organize. Im sorry if I offended anyone

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Tug, around here that's considered trespassing. All property in Alabama is posted by law and the land owner has to give you written permission to be on it.
My offroad club leases some property that can be pretty challenging to get to depending on the weather. There are 2 ways to reach our property, the easy way and the hard way. I don't have a clue how to get there using the easy way;)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Tug, around here that's considered trespassing. All property in Alabama is posted by law and the land owner has to give you written permission to be on it.
My offroad club leases some property that can be pretty challenging to get to depending on the weather. There are 2 ways to reach our property, the easy way and the hard way. I don't have a clue how to get there using the easy way;)

Agree, it's the same in OK only verbal permission is acceptable, it doesn't have to written. My corner of the state is the only part of OK with a pheasant population...................can't tell you how many trespassers we run off every year. "Well there weren't any signs.....blah, blah, blah." All land is owned by someone, all of it, there aren't anymore "unassigned" lands in the USA.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Better to air on the side of caution with someone else's property. for damn sure