• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How can I clean my engine w/out removing?

ebman74

Loc.
Manassas, VA
How can I clean the engine and bay up? Can I cover the distributer and carb and spray with gunk-off and hose? I plan on new valve covers and airfilter assemblly also plan on cleaning up the wiring, but how can I degrease the motor?
Thanks Guys!

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
just "water proof" your dist. and Air cleaner and any other openings. Disconnect the battery. Spray on Degreeser, and hose off. I did it a while ago no problem.

probaja

Loc.
Mesa AZ

simple green works great - after covering the dist. and carb just spray a heavy coat on everything, wait a minute, then hose it off!

jpoore

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Depends upon exactly what you're doing.

Steam cleaning will be the most effective- maybe too effective.

I had my undercarriage done before the drivetrain swap. Night and day differance.

carchie

Loc.
Tyler, Tx
walker949 said:
You call that DIRTY??

Dont come to my place, you will be in for a disappointment.

TOFIC

That is what I was thinking;D I don't think mine has ever been that clean even after I cleaned it. But when I do I use Super Clean and a high pressure washer on low...

Chris

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Beyond the usual degreaser or brake cleaner, I found the Euro-Pro Ultra Steam Shark to work pretty well. It cost's a lot lesss than the commercial steam cleaners and can also be used all around the house.