• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How far should I go?

U

Unregistered

I have a glass body which is not the best offroad body, but I was looking into doing some serious wheeling in the near future. The problem is I can't decide how far to go with my suspension. I would love to have a BCB 5.5 Complete suspension, but god knows how much the shipping cost is, here living in Austin TX, I don't want to think about how much shipping driveshafts cost. I'm looking to go with 37's and lockers but I'm having trouble deciding on a suspension kit. I like the BCB Suspension kits because it comes with everything you need. Any suggestions?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
you sound set on BCB. And I too know the shipping cost often out weighs the actual item (being in FL). But if you do it wrong the first time, the overall cost will hurt even more.
Do whatever you feel is best.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Call BCB and find out if he is attending any events in 2004 somewhere near you. sometimes vendors will bring stuff out with them and meet you at the event. If it is heavy stuff buy all your stuff at one time and have it shipped by truck it is much cheaper than UPS/Fed-x ground when stuff gets heavy. Especially if you can have it shipped to a buisness rather than your home. Everyone is going to have to go by truck soon on marginally heavy stuff as UPS/Fed-x doesnt care about the mid size package buisness and it is just getting too damn expencive.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

Does Complete Offroad provide a suspension kit or package? Rather than having to buy the suspension component by component.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I bought my suspension kit from Toms Bronco Parts in Medford Oregon. This included the following:
11 pac rear leafs
Front coils
complete bushings for everything
extended rear drive shaft
adjustable trac bar
four shocks
drop trac bar bracket
drop pitman arm

also shipped non suspension related:
complete headliner
head liner bow
manual shifter tube

They sent everything via truck in one shot for 85.00 to SF bay area (about 600 miles) would have hated to see the bill if it went UPS or Fed Ex.

Good luck,
Mike

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

that sounds like a good way to go. I've heard a lot of positive things about Toms

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I think Toms is great.
the best part was I had everything in two days after placing the order!!!!
Mike

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

is it required to have extended driveshafts and radius arms for a 5.5'' lift?