• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How long has it been since you drove yours?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Drove mine around the block Saturday then the heater core started leaking…everything wants to be replaced on this rig..:mad:

Same issue here. Started her up in the garage yesterday, smoke coming from around heat box inside the cab, and floorboard is wet..

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
it has been about a year. I turned the lights on the other day to see
if the battery had any life in it, and it does. I will take it out this spring for a little run. I want to get a F/I system installed on her maybe this year....

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Here's my build thread http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84003 Add a month and a half onto that start date. The kicker is that the only driving I've done to it was the 1/4 mile drive from where I picked up the EB from the transport company to my house, and then the 5 mile trip to my father's bodyshop. It'll be going on two years in April, and I still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Baby steps, it's all about baby steps.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I last fired mine up in November of 2006. That is when I put it in my side yard and started tearing it apart. Some 14 months later I'm looking at new paint, spray-in bedliner, crate motor, NP435 conversion, 5.5" lift, swapped in a D44, and I've got a whole pile of parts to try and reassemble. I may actually fire it up in the next month or so but I still need drive shafts, a brake booster, and miscellaneous hardware. (Wheels and tires too).

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I last started my truck five long months ago. I will finally be reunited tomorrow evening. I am pumped! Oh yeah and I think I will see the wife and kid too :p.

66 U14 NICK

Loc.
Spencer, WV
New Years day. It was 5 years in the making, in that time it made it in and out of the yard and drive way a few times. I went to put fuel in her when the shimmy shake started at about 35 mph. I guess the steeriing needs some more work. It will be on the road soon I hope, but don't we all.

ltcbutch

Loc.
Selma, AL
2 years. Drove it before I deployed. 14 months later I came home to no engine. Still planning/waiting.

This spring it will be on the trail or it will be replaced (Or have a friend in the driveway ;D , as I can't wait much longer and am secretly looking for another one to drive immediately:-X )

ArmyCOL

Going on 5 yrs now. Started the teardown and then was deployed to Kuwait for a year. Came back tore it down some more to get rid of the rust and then get deployed again for 15 months. Hopefully I will find some time here to work on the Bronco. I would really like to get it back on the road but I figure it will take at least another year to finish the body and frame and some more for the engine.

Chuck