• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How many early broncos are there left in the world?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
There's 11 counting mine within a few miles from here!

That's 31

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I have 3 , 77 is on the road 76 should be by summer and 71 u-14 is a total restoration down the road I few trucks in front of it and a 65 fastback restoration now

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
I got 3 of em'.....does that make it 43 now?

And what about the Bronco's winning again today, now 6-0 thats gotta count for something! May be Peytons last season ;)

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Is it possible to access every states dmv records and compile a list?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

But what about Broncos that are not currently registered?
Like those in storage or in the garage up on jack stands?
Not sure the DMV would know if they were being built up or torn down for parts.

And then there are the states that don't require a title for something as old as a Bronco...

clarrance

Bronco Guru

I don't know if it's possible now with the privacy act, but Bronco Driver did that when they started the magazine. They sent out post cards to bronco owners about the new magazine.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I don't know if it's possible now with the privacy act, but Bronco Driver did that when they started the magazine. They sent out post cards to bronco owners about the new magazine.

I've actually still got the original post card they sent me and I knew they had to have known by my registration of it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Many years ago there was a service advertised in Hemmings that would give you the number of registrations of a certain vehicle in a particular state. I thought that would be neat to do for the Broncos but the cost/state was too prohibitive to invest the $$ in the project.

Todd Z.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
i have 3 but can account for about six deaths.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If we are talking about road worthy legal rigs it might be less than that.

225,000 total production to start with.

50% of those are rusted out, wrecked, beyond repair, parts only, gone - Down to 112,500

30-50%??? of those are now Mud Buggies or Rock Crawlers and not street driven.

50-75 thousand remain?

I currently have - 2 to add to the list.

OP
OP
BroncoOwner.me

BroncoOwner.me

So here's another take on this ....

Where I live (NE Ohio) I never see Bronco's in the wild but I know there are some out there. Tedster100 recently coordinated a get together that I was unable to attend but I think they got 5 or 6 people to attend. Accounting for people that could not attend, people that attended and have more than one bronco, and people that never knew anything about the event, lets say there are maybe around 40 broncos within the NE OH area (100 square miles) (give or take a few)?

So accounting for some parts of the country are very sparsely populated and would have no broncos (or people) and some are heavily populated and have more broncos lets assume 40 broncos per 100 square miles. With the US having a land mass of 3.8 million square miles that would come out to 15,200 broncos still out there.

So I'll put my estimate at 15,143. (I was going to say 15,142 but then I forgot about my 66 :( )