• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How many early broncos are there left in the world?

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I have pondered this question a few times. My guess is 30-40,000 still alive. I think there are more getting restored every year than getting totaled. So we are currently in a growth period. 20 years ago people would say your in a business that has fewer potential customers every year. At some point the EB numbers will level out but it has not happened yet.

Back in the day I think we parted out 100-200:-[ My bad;D. To think I could have just held onto them all, sold them in 2015 and retired.:cool:

I can account for 8 EBs at this time. Where were we with the count?

Jim

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I would have to say around 50,000. But maybe less, they seem to be popping up everywhere these days!
I have had a total of 7, scraped 1, sold three, one of them was later scraped, and still have 3 others!
I my area I rarely see any on the road but I know of at least 4 that are sitting in yards in my county.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Currently at 100.

Adding up everyone who sounded off since Viperwolf started the count with 2 in post 10. Including other Broncos known to be in the poster's area. Not counting sold or scrapped Broncos.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I have pondered this question a few times. My guess is 30-40,000 still alive. I think there are more getting restored every year than getting totaled. So we are currently in a growth period. 20 years ago people would say your in a business that has fewer potential customers every year. At some point the EB numbers will level out but it has not happened yet.

Back in the day I think we parted out 100-200:-[ My bad;D. To think I could have just held onto them all, sold them in 2015 and retired.:cool:

I can account for 8 EBs at this time. Where were we with the count?

Jim

Looking at it from a business side,the more that get scrapped the more replacement parts sell. Oh ,add mine to the count.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I have three plus a frame and body that I put together to make one. One of my Broncos has the title and glove box to a Bronco that still exists as a mud truck owned by my friend so that's one more. His mud truck will never be run on the street. That makes five.

ahuggins6 can account for several more on his place;D

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
122 with me.

I sold a frame a while back who replaced a bent frame and it's tub went to another frame w/ PO (and that tub was scrapped).

It's a great question, I've always wondered this w/ all classic cars. I don't think there's any definitive way to figure it out other than registered vehicles. Get a guesstimation.