• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How will I fix this door? Update - Done! (vid added)

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
The driver side was an easy fix but this one is hammered...
Currently I'm running without doors, I need to finish these doors before a BIG run with alot of 4x4 truck clubs attending this weekend. We're going back to the trail that laid me on the passenger side at night. This time it will be in the daylight and I want to see the rock that took my paint........ My door will be straight like nothing happened..

Attachments

• DSC01582.JPG
    DSC01582.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC01583.JPG
    DSC01583.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC01585.JPG
    DSC01585.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Here in Texas it would take a big hammer and dolley ;D . You could push some of it out from the inside and then hammerand dolley the edge back out by the hinge . You could also bolt it back up to the bronco and use a slide hammer on the edge , To bad were so far from each other I could get that out for you real quick . I am a painter at a bodyshop :cool: Good luck .Robert CedarPark Tx

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bruddha Mad,
You take the kind door, put it in the place you cook the pig with the hot lava rock. Do the poi dance. Pull out the door and hammer away bra. Wish I were there to help. Portuguee

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Dachy said:
i'd cut the whole section out that's dented, hammer into shape, and tig weld back on
That's my plan! At first I was going to cut the inside panel for access to the skin but it is thick guage sheet metal and hammering in place would be torture.
Keep in mind I need this done with the paint dry by Saturday so I can assemble them for the BIG Sunday run......;D
I still have my day job for thurs/friday....

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Madgyver said:
The driver side was an easy fix but this one is hammered...
Currently I'm running without doors, I need to finish these doors before a BIG run with alot of 4x4 truck clubs attending this weekend. We're going back to the trail that laid me on the passenger side at night. This time it will be in the daylight and I want to see the rock that took my paint........ My door will be straight like nothing happened..
Deflate a basketball, stuff it behind the dent and add air until it pops out! ;D

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Scoop said:
Deflate a basketball, stuff it behind the dent and add air until it pops out! ;D
I'll try this before I start cutting!........

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
It worked but it still needs to get straightened out and the dent is deep in the door.
I had to try the basketball before I left for work and it got most of it out. I'll try to work it with a dolly afterwork but right now i'm late......

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
tasker said:
we need after pix...
After the basketball trick...........

Attachments

• DSC01586.JPG
    DSC01586.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC01587.JPG
    DSC01587.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
After cutting and massaging the skin with a body hammer and dolly................

Attachments

• DSC01588.JPG
    DSC01588.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 277

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
wow, i wish i was half as talented as some the guys on this site. The ingenuity of the members here is awesome. Talk about getting some great ideas...you my friend, ROCK!

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
For the sake of time, I would have taken a green door from another Bronco and paited it yellow. Then I would be so rushed on the repair of the damaged door.

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Skuzzlebutt said:
For the sake of time, I would have taken a green door from another Bronco and paited it yellow. Then I would be so rushed on the repair of the damaged door.
Then I would have to do it again or replace the green door.

Anyway, I like the challenge, it motivates me..........