• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How would you start?

brokehorse

Ok, I finally have another Bronco to help with my broken heart. I had to sell my last one, much to my dismay.
My question is, I now have a pretty much stock 74 with typical rust. If you had $2,000 to spend on the truck to get stated, what would you do? I plan to lose the doors and top, keep the 302 and run 35" tires.

Any Ideas of how to spend the $2,000.

Thanks for your help!!! ;D

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
I would have to say start with the mechanicals. Make sure everything is working the way its supposed to then a roll cage & then go for the good stuff.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
How are you gonna drive it......GA. dont have big rocks so I know your not gonna have to set it up for rockcrawling.

66horse

Bronco Guru
Rollcage
Front Discs
Comfy seats
Then set it up for how you re gonna drive it.

Henrietta

Loc.
Bradyville, TN
Depends on your gears. If you are gonna put the 35's under it soon, might want to change gear ratio. My '74 came with 3.54's so for now I am just sticking with 31's until the gears get changed then go for the 33's. Disc brakes a must (I want this too), and a roll cage, and a soft top.

redneckrocky

Loc.
Austin, TX
Spend on getting it running properly, then rollcage, disc brakes,air freshener that looks like a fist, oops the moneys all gone.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p Brakes , rollcage , 4:88 ect gears , tires & wheels , good springs & shocks , and all the other little things but you will need a lot more money to do it all right good luck. ::) ::) ::) Bill 8) ::) :p

OP
OP
B

brokehorse

Thanks for the info guys. I might can go find some rocks if I look hard but mud is what I always played in with my other one. This will just be a for fun vehicle. I think I will start thru the drive train with getting everything in good condition. I want to do a full body off build up but don't know if I want to tackle it. I don't want to half do it either. As you can tell, I am still trying to figure out my direction. I'm glad this group is here for advice.

Thanks