• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HoWiEpAlOoZa X

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Won't have to wait till TUESDAY of OCBR after all. Can't wait to see everybody there.

David

Yea, we are going to have another good time and get pumped up for OCBR. This really will work out perfect since it is about half way between OCBR events!;D

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
While waiting for Howiepalooza I thought I would take my grand daughter hunting, she got this buck Sunday at a 110 yards with a muzzle loader ;D

I will have more great stories for around the campfire ;)

Looks like a lot more of that good jerky Allen! I think a good night run will be in order to try it out, what do you think?%)

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Less problems the better, I hate to see anyone cut from the list, some times it's for the best.

I'm going to be easier on mine this time. Not a fan of breaking the first day, even if it was only a 2 day event.

David

You didn't break much at OCBR, and you did not take it that easy....your going to be ok, from looking at the park, it looks like it has some really good trails. Has anyone been there with first hand knowledge of the trails?

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Looks like a lot more of that good jerky Allen! I think a good night run will be in order to try it out, what do you think?%)

I like that idea, and the wife will make sure we have plenty ;)

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Everybody get there Rock lights on! Night rides are great.

You didn't break much at OCBR, and you did not take it that easy....your going to be ok, from looking at the park, it looks like it has some really good trails. Has anyone been there with first hand knowledge of the trails?

Last year at Howiepalooza I blew the bearing caps out of my 9" about 2 hrs. after fixing a hub I exploded and had to use a air chisel to remove the pieces.

All in good fun.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119386&highlight=spareparts

Attachments

• Don's pic 2 (Medium).jpg
    Don's pic 2 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 18
  • HowiePalooza 2008, Hannibal 002 (Medium).jpg
    HowiePalooza 2008, Hannibal 002 (Medium).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 13

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
You bringing the Bronco Jamie?

Yeah I plan on it. Ive got to work on it first! It was running and driving fine, but sold the rearend and am planning on putting my 14 bolt and dana 60 under it. I figured I already have them, might as well use them. As David can tell ya, I have plenty of time now to work on it. I thinking about moving the rear springs back alittle bit as well. We want to see how far I can go before we might have to cut the wheel wells out. I dont really want to go to that extreme.

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Sounds like a good time with that many broncos going. I will try to make it. Don't forget to always pay homige to my trail Bronco Buster. 3 Big Broncos went in, only 1 Big Bronco drove out....

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
:eek: UH-OH!!! quick, somebody get the feds to add about 3 more days to April!!
Howie's 50th Bday Bash & LEBC'S 10TH.....SURELY not the same wkend.....%)
I thought SMORR was only open the 1st & 3rd wkends.....
help me out here Howie!!!????
April:
1st wkend - 3-4-5 (Fri-Sat-Sun)
2nd " - 10-11-12
3rd " -17-18-19
4th " - 24-25-26 (LEBC Spring R-U)
May:
1st wkend - 1-2-3

????????????????? :? ?????????????????????????? :? ?????????????????? :?

H-O-W-W-I-E!!!!!!......h-e-l-p.....{don't make me close my eyes!}

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
OK ... I'm back ;D

Yes , the Lonestar Early Bronco Club is having their event on the same weekend as mine . Sorry , but there is always going to be a conflict somewhere . Texas is waaaaaaay to far for me to go to an event so I figured I might as well have some fun of my own . I'm not trying to compete with them and I don't want anyone to feel like they are obligated to come to HoWiEpAlOoZa . I understand , better than anyone else , the difficulties in deciding what events to go to and how far is too far $$$$ . If I move my event to the weekend before or after their event , how many people would really be able to go to both of them and have a good time without worrying about their checkbook ? Will anybody be mad at me because they came to my event instead of theirs - I hope not or I would rather have them go to Katemcy . I don't blame people for their decisions on where they choose to go or not go , they are my friends either way and I hope everyone has a good time no matter where they go .

My decision to have it on that weekend is not definitely carved in stone just yet as I am still waiting to hear when some of the larger sanctions are going to hold some of their competitions . Some of our friends that compete , like to get out and play once in a while and also test their equipment before they slam head on into the full competition schedule and I am trying to make sure that they too can have a chance to come wheel with us . Howiepalooza has never been a Bronco Only event , although the bronco brotherhood does represent themselves very nicely .;)

Sorry for the long post .

howie

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Here's what I have been sending out to some of the media and I will also be sending this to some of the folks that might consider sponsoring the event ... so if you are a vendor and you are reading this , you'll probably see the same thing in your mailbox soon ;D

The 10th Annual Howiepalooza will be held at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch www.smorr.net on the last weekend of April 2009 .

I am inviting anyone and everyone to come join me in what I can only describe as the best kept secret in off roading . I have scouted the park and I can say that the facilities are perhaps the best I have encountered during my exploits in trail riding . I cannot say enough good things about the park and it's owners .

The event starts on Friday and the mandatory "Hog Roast/Bar-B-Que" will be on Saturday . I am told that the food will be prepared by a Bar-B-Que champion who doesn't cater but will do this event exclusively for us .

There are trails for anything from stock to wild and there are some trails that are still unconquered . Long hill climbs and boulder strewn valleys with waterfalls and excellent trails abound at this venue . There are 930 acres and several miles of trails .

I hope that you can make it to my tenth annual event and come celebrate my 50th birthday . I will have more information as the event gets closer and you can read some of the past history of Howiepalooza on my blog www.howiebilt.blogspot.com

Sincerely,

Merle "Howiebilt" Howard

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
hehehe.......well, I don't know about that.....

One things for sure.....We won't be keepin' this a secret!

Howie's gonna be 50!!!!
(I'm just glad that in years he's joining some of the rest of us %), some
times it's lonely @ the top ;) )