• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
CPT_D_1969 said:
Alright Shoeless,

Now you said to meet you at Denny's at 5 or 5:30am? :eek: Dang, I never get up that early on a Saturday unless it's to fish or hunt. I guess this is an even better reason though! ;D

Okay so lets hear what the actual story. Whos doing what??

Someone call me 870-582-2706

Shoeless

Shoeless said:
Good news! I am on the way to Texarkana in the morning to pick up the D44 and axles!

I will post thanks on here to the people who made this possible as soon as I get all of their names figured out!!

Shoeless

The quest for a D44 is beginning soon. Capt D, Shoeless, and 4wheelnar will begin their jouney before the sun rises on the sabath. With good fortune and the guidance of wisdom (a map) a D44 will soon this way come.

Ahhh, good night grasshoppa!

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Cool beans with the D44 ;D

I got my hat that I ordered. Talk about fast delivery. Looks real nice. Notice the head in the pic isn't mine :p

Attachments

• hat1.jpg
    hat1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Mr Joe said:

I got my hat that I ordered. Talk about fast delivery. Looks real nice. Notice the head in the pic isn't mine :p

Glad you got it Mr Joe. They are real nice looking hats. ;)

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Mr Joe said:

One to fit that melon would to have to cost way too much. ;D

Shoeless

Hey John, I hope you saw the good news that we got a D44! I guess I will deliver it to Conway on Monday morning or we could come by tomorrow if you want us to... I will have Melissa with me...It's up to you, just let me know.

I would kind of like to see the progess.. I haven't seen it since I brought the tires and other parts up after the OCBR.

Call me on my cell sometime sat morning if you want us to bring it on up.

Thanks,

Shoeless Joe

Shoeless

sfaforester said:
Okay so lets hear what the actual story. Whos doing what??

Someone call me 870-582-2706

Hey Monte,

How much money have the hat sales brought in? I bet it is more than the raffle so far... I asked Melissa, but she didn't know yet.

Thanks for all you are doing!

Shoeless

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
The Quest For The D44

My goodness I really did not realize the quest would begin quite so early! Well, soon the OBB will have and elusive D44!! Thank god there is a Starbucks right on the corner. Not too far from Shipley and Krispy Kreme Donuts..... HHHMMMMMM? :cool:
Have a Great morning all we are off to Texarkana to pick up the D44. ;D ;D

4Wheelnar

Shoeless

The Quest for the D44 is over! :eek: A huge thanks to John in California for donating it and to Dale Jones for driving it to Texarkana to meet us!

Sorry about the tire Dale, we were just relieved that we could get it fixed for you.

Capt D, 4wheelnar, & Shoeless

Last edited:

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Our Quest for the D44

Shoeless said:
The Quest for the D44 is over! :eek: A huge thanks to John in California for donating it and to Dale Jones for driving it to Texarkana to meet us!

Sorry about the tire Dale, we were just relieved that we could get it fixed for you.

I tell you there were a few trials along the way but all in a very good trip. John thank you so much for the D44 and axles! Dale thank you for hook'n up with us in Texarkana. Hope the repaired tire got you home with no added problems. We just wanted to let you both know how important these parts are to the OBB and how good it is to know they are going to be delivered to John in Conway on Monday! ;D ;D The OBB would not be possible if it were not for all of you great people that have been involved thus far! ;D ;D ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yee ha. I've been out at sea for a week, so I'm behind, but very glad to see a D44 is going under the truck.

Now..for the umpteenth time, The OBB motor is going out of here with a PS pump mounted...woud somebody please take the lead on making sure there is a matching PS steering box for the pump to have somebody to talk to... ;D

Shoeless

bmc69 said:
Yee ha. I've been out at sea for a week, so I'm behind, but very glad to see a D44 is going under the truck.

Now..for the umpteenth time, The OBB motor is going out of here with a PS pump mounted...woud somebody please take the lead on making sure there is a matching PS steering box for the pump to have somebody to talk to... ;D

Thanks for the info, we now have a ps head that needs rebuilding, but the donor sent the rebuild kit with it, so we have that licked! Thanks soo much!

I am delivering the D44 in the morning to John Dixon....so I will talk to him about that to make sure they match. Do you have a date that you are sending the motor? Also, what the heck do you do out "at sea"?

Shoeless

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
There is a stock PS box on it's way. I am glad that the motor is equipped with a pump. That will make hookup easier.

Shoeless

74bob said:
There is a stock PS box on it's way. I am glad that the motor is equipped with a pump. That will make hookup easier.

Yeah, hard to do without both of them!! LOL! ;D

Shoeless

Also, with just 33x 12.50 tires, stock should do what he needs it for ....for now! We all know you never stop improving your horse!

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
OBB Raffle Winners! Congratulations!

Winners the Operation Baghdad Bronco Raffle

5 Bronco Driver Decal Winners

Aaron Newman
Anthony Williamson
John O'Neil ( Mr. Joe )
Nick Hopman
Brian De Ruyter ( Fathom )

7 Bronco Driver T-Shirt Winners

Wade Beatty
Milo Menard II
Mike Adams
Brian De Ruyter ( Fathom )
Linda Drysdale
Ryan La Vigne
Rob Wilson

Operation Bagdad Bronco Hat Winner

Al Smith

Johnny Lightning Kicks 66 Bronco Winner

Rodd Rummel

Turkey Fryer Winner

Mike Adams

Remington Gift Basket Winner

David Patterson

Sirius Satellite Radio Winner

Raymond Knight ( rrraaayyy2 )

Congratulations to all our winners! Thank you all so much for your Support!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shoeless said:
Thanks for the info, we now have a ps head that needs rebuilding, but the donor sent the rebuild kit with it, so we have that licked! Thanks soo much!

I am delivering the D44 in the morning to John Dixon....so I will talk to him about that to make sure they match. Do you have a date that you are sending the motor? Also, what the heck do you do out "at sea"?

Shoeless

"At sea" ? I build exotic high speed ships. More correctly, my company builds and installs the stabilization and control systems for extreme-high speed ships and then has to make them work..at sea. This one is the one I am finishing up.

Happy to see that the PS issue is finally resolved.

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
bmc69 said:
"At sea" ? I build exotic high speed ships. More correctly, my company builds and installs the stabilization and control systems for extreme-high speed ships and then has to make them work..at sea. This one is the one I am finishing up.

Happy to see that the PS issue is finally resolved.

cool link BMC69. :cool: :cool: If I read correctly this is a Navy ship? Very interesting! Do you have to stay out to sea until you get the system working correctly after installation? Looks like that boat is crus'in pretty fast. ;D ;D

4wheelanr

Shoeless

Now that is cool! I am sure that keeps you pretty busy! Thanks for taking the time to help with this project, very selfless of you.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
4wheelnar said:
cool link BMC69. :cool: :cool: If I read correctly this is a Navy ship? Very interesting! Do you have to stay out to sea until you get the system working correctly after installation? Looks like that boat is crus'in pretty fast. ;D ;D

4wheelanr

1400 tons..262 feet in length, 65,000 shaft horsepower, 'over' 60 mph (top speed is classified)..yep, it's cruisin. ;D Care to pay the fuel bill?..we're burning 4800 gal/hour.