• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that the OBB is staying at Smith Ford in Conway. I went by yesterday and visited with John, Gary, and Justin at the shop. The bodywork is just about finished. Just a couple of things left to smooth out and it will be ready to paint. It sure is looking great! ;D I was planning on getting a few pics, but Hubby called while I was visiting and I had to get out of there a bit earlier than expected. We should have some local news coverage within the next week or so. Everything is moving right along including time. I can't believe Hubby will finally be home in about a month! Thank you all again so much for everything! This is truely awesome! ;D

Shoeless

Hey! Glad to hear things are going on..this is a busy time of year and I know I haven't been able to be as active as I want to .... I got the news that the D44 and the 9" will be ready soon, so just hollar at me when we need to go get it...I am ready for a road trip! I am sure 4wheelnar is getting in the mood too! And maybe we can meet Steve's new addition! Take care

Shoeless

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Shoeless said:
Hey! Glad to hear things are going on..this is a busy time of year and I know I haven't been able to be as active as I want to .... I got the news that the D44 and the 9" will be ready soon, so just hollar at me when we need to go get it...I am ready for a road trip! I am sure 4wheelnar is getting in the mood too! And maybe we can meet Steve's new addition! Take care

Shoeless

Boy you are not kiddn' about being busy!!! I
am ready for a road trip just a soon as you guys say the word. ;D It will truly be a grand adventure. The Arian man will bring us wares of great value!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Melissa Did you have a chance to contact Tom yet?? Just wondering if you had any response?.... ;D ;D ;D

4wheelnar

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
I am also ready for a road trip to Danny's Differentials. Hey Steve, what would be a good day for you guys? Looks like we are all ready here. ;) And, we must see that new addition of yours as well. Just give us a day you are available. Does the 17th work for everyone? :)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I posted a heads up over on the OBB site about the engine being on its way via Yellow Freight.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
If it is not too late to donate, LOL. My audit went pretty good, we got fined pretty hefty, but once we recoup that from our offending customer all is good. The only thing that sucks is I have to pay up front, and my customer wants installments (it was a pretty good chunk of change). But it is the Season and I would like to donate somethng to the truck. How about a starter (Thunder Series) or alternator (I have a new style one wire GM, kind of a prototype for us right now), and I have a possible thick wiring kit for the positive and negative side of the battery if you go with the starter. If it is not the right size though I don't have the wire to make a new one. Give me a call at 1-888-214-7774.

Bottom line is I am not a big fan of the war, but really appreciate what the soliders are going through for the rest of us. So my country might not be doing a whole lot, but I want to do something. I am just sorry it took this long to get things straighten out around here in order for me to be able to do it.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
That is awesome Ray ;D

And this project is not about the politics of war, but instead those who serve and their families, who make the sacrafice for us all.

May God bless those who serve and their families :cool:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
RRRAAAYYY2 said:
If it is not too late to donate, LOL. My audit went pretty good, we got fined pretty hefty, but once we recoup that from our offending customer all is good. The only thing that sucks is I have to pay up front, and my customer wants installments (it was a pretty good chunk of change). But it is the Season and I would like to donate somethng to the truck. How about a starter (Thunder Series) or alternator (I have a new style one wire GM, kind of a prototype for us right now), and I have a possible thick wiring kit for the positive and negative side of the battery if you go with the starter. If it is not the right size though I don't have the wire to make a new one. Give me a call at 1-888-214-7774.

Bottom line is I am not a big fan of the war, but really appreciate what the soliders are going through for the rest of us. So my country might not be doing a whole lot, but I want to do something. I am just sorry it took this long to get things straighten out around here in order for me to be able to do it.

Hey Ray..It's clear you already get the idea that this effort has all to do with symbolizing our support of those in unifrom..and nothing to do with any position on the war they are engaged in. Just my .02 on the subject..

I shipped the new engine with a brand new (not remanned) stock alternator on board and from what I know of the project, there really would not be a need for a '3G' type of power solution. The starter on the other hand..I didn't provide one and it would really rock if something outside of a 'junk' reman unit could be provided for the project.

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
bmc69 said:
I shipped the new engine with a brand new (not remanned) stock alternator on board and from what I know of the project, there really would not be a need for a '3G' type of power solution. The starter on the other hand..I didn't provide one and it would really rock if something outside of a 'junk' reman unit could be provided for the project.

Sounds like a starter would be perfect. Thank you very much for the donation Ray. I know those serving in uniform appreciate your support as well. Though you may not agree with the war, it is nice that you don't let that affect your opinion of those who serve. Thank you all again so much. ;D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
OK guys. My Grandmother works for United Van Lines. She is going to ask her boss about possible transport of the Hard Top from Spokane, Washington. Before she requests help, she needs to know the measurements (size, weight, palletized, etc) and exactly where it is coming from. If you guys would let me know this info so I can get it to her, she will ask today. Thanks again. :)

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
I am always behind grunts, been there done that, and got the tattoo to prove it. LOL. All I need to know basically is if it is 302, automatic or standard. I have a rewire kit done, might be my last one at that, so if someone could take some measurements to make sure it will fit, I can send it as well. A can probably drop a new solenoid and regulator in the box by accident as well. Do you want a new regulator plug as well, or are you doing a complete rewire? If not do you want to install a new plug?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
302, standard shift, Ray. The guys doing the wrenching and assembly will have to answer the other questions. I'm glad to know that a good starter will go on it.. ;D

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Sorry about dragging my feet on the pictures, had some to upload but it looks like the disk is bad now. ?:? As you can tell I haven't been on here lately, covered up at work and working on the OBB off hours when I can. sfaforester got a climpse of my running Wednesday night. He came by the shop, checked out the Bronco and then we were off to church. If you don't know Monte personally you're missing out on a great guy. Had people asking about him at services this morning.
Body work is nearing completion and some parts are going to start seeing some color soon. We're trying to figure out how to do it as near a complete vehicle as we can without causeing us some problems later. Again there will be no pictures of the complete truck once it's painted until after Philip sees it.