• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hubby in Iraq- want to fix up the Bronco while he's away would appreciate any advice

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
BRussell said:
When is the hubby coming home to his wonderful wife and his suprise?

We haven't gotten specific dates yet, but sometime in the begining of January is what he told me. I can't wait to see the look on his face! He will be in shock! ;D

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
OBB Needs You!

Hello,

As you know the OBB has been a successful project so far! John and his crew have done a tremendous job fixing the OBB Bronco. Many monetary and parts donations have been made and have helped in many ways!

What is needed now is for someone to call the Bronco Houses and see what sort of deals can be given for parts still needed.
---If you have wanted to help but could not send funds or offer parts this is a perfect way to show your support.

I can do this in the evenings but as you know....everyone is already shutdown for the day. So if you can make a few calls and would like to assist Melissa in giving her husband an awesome surprise...PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thank you everyone!

Cory

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
cdkaminsky said:
Hello,

As you know the OBB has been a successful project so far! John and his crew have done a tremendous job fixing the OBB Bronco. Many monetary and parts donations have been made and have helped in many ways!

What is needed now is for someone to call the Bronco Houses and see what sort of deals can be given for parts still needed.
---If you have wanted to help but could not send funds or offer parts this is a perfect way to show your support.

I can do this in the evenings but as you know....everyone is already shutdown for the day. So if you can make a few calls and would like to assist Melissa in giving her husband an awesome surprise...PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thank you everyone!

Cory

Thanks Cory. :)

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Come on guy LET'S finish the OBB Project!!!

;D
I know that Melissa is getting anxious. There are only a few days left and Phillip is going to be home. I know you have all done a lot of work and giving of donations so far but I hope everyone will stay true to their word of offers of help. This is when she really will need it the most. We have a lot of parts that have been promised but have not made it to John yet and a lot of offers of help and everyone being asked to help out now seems to be too busy. Just this week alone Melissa said she felt way overwelmed and in over her head. She told me she bit off more than she can chew and she is scared we may not get this done before Phillip gets here. With everything left to be done we need to start calling in on all of the promises. 3 or 4 people can't do it all. I started trying to call Vendors yesterday, but don't know a darn thing about the parts of the Bronco that is how it is put together. I felt a little bit lost, but I am trying. We need everyone to work together to see this project through. The end to the OBB Project will be here soon. I know everyone has done so much and Melissa is so thankful for everything that everyone has done. Time is running out guys. Come on let's get this project done and make Phillip one of the happiest solders coming back from Iraq!! Do you realize if all of the people that have shown interest in this project bought one raffle ticket each we would have plenty of funds to buy the parts needed??
I know you guys are great and you will not let this project be a failure! Let's finish up the OBB!
Thanks,
Leslie

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Leslie-

Jake knows all there is to know about broncos. He'd be perfect for this if his time allows. You need to let him and I know what vendors you have called. Once a call is made to a vendor, I wouldn't want to call him again unless he knew I was. I don't believe in hounding vendors for parts. So lets keep up with who we talked with and what part they might be able to donate OR give us at cost.

Jake I'll email you the list of parts and I may have a vendor list. Let me look...

mbartek@alltel.net

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Raffle update... We have a total of 59 entries as of right now. Thank you to everyone for their support. Good luck to all of you! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D Alright, I think this raffle is too complicated right now. How about I put the paypal account info here instead of having to ask for the link, wait for an answer, and then go to the secret site? Maybe that would be easier. Sometimes easier is better. ;)

Here we go! So far we have some pretty nice items in the raffle.

We have an awesome Sirius Satellite Radio package (sportster pro package) Service agreement is required for use and is NOT included.

We also have a very nice Remington Arms Gift basket which includes: 1) FieldMaster Cleaning System 2) Remington Black Delrin Peanut Pocketknife 3) Remington Playing cards 4) Remington Country Coffee Mug 5) Remington Ammunition Team Cap and 6) Remington Hat Pin

AND ;D BRONCO DRIVER Magazine has donated 7 T-Shirts (Winner's choice of size) and 5 Decals!

We are hoping for even more great prizes by the end of the raffle! The drawing will be held Sunday October 16th at 4PM central. All $$ goes to Operation Baghdad Bronco. Entries are $2 each and payment can be made through PayPal to deaguilera814@hotmail.com . Please include name, address, and contact # in comments incase you win! If you prefer a different payment method, email me and we will work it out. Thank you all for your support and GOOD LUCK!

Attachments

• Sirius%20Radio.jpg
    Sirius%20Radio.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12
  • sportsterfull.jpg
    sportsterfull.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Remington%20Gift%20Basket.jpg
    Remington%20Gift%20Basket.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 13
  • wdecal.gif
    wdecal.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 10

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sfaforester said:
Leslie-

Jake knows all there is to know about broncos. He'd be perfect for this if his time allows. You need to let him and I know what vendors you have called. Once a call is made to a vendor, I wouldn't want to call him again unless he knew I was. I don't believe in hounding vendors for parts. So lets keep up with who we talked with and what part they might be able to donate OR give us at cost.

Jake I'll email you the list of parts and I may have a vendor list. Let me look...

mbartek@alltel.net
If you guys are going to call Jim at WH..add a #8197 Equalizer bracket to yr wish list. It's 19.99 in the catalog. The 5.0 needs it... ;D
Thanks

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Engine schedule: I am going on travel for a week starting today, but am held up on finishing the motor waiting on the 164t flywheel and the Fluidamper to show up..both will arrive while I am gone.
As soon as I return, I will button everything up and get it ready to ship..figure somewhere around the 24th of October. The engine will arrive ready to install and fire, but does not have motor mounts. I do have a couple of decent, lightly-used HD clutches and could include one if a new one has not been purchased or donated. Let me know something on that score..

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
bmc69 said:
Engine schedule: I am going on travel for a week starting today, but am held up on finishing the motor waiting on the 164t flywheel and the Fluidamper to show up..both will arrive while I am gone.
As soon as I return, I will button everything up and get it ready to ship..figure somewhere around the 24th of October. The engine will arrive ready to install and fire, but does not have motor mounts. I do have a couple of decent, lightly-used HD clutches and could include one if a new one has not been purchased or donated. Let me know something on that score..

Thank you Bill. Hope you have a nice trip to the West coast. Talk to you when you return. ;D

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
OBB Raffle Update.

MORE ITEMS for the OBB RAFFLE!

Monte (sfaforester) has donated a couple items to the raffle! The first item is a red Operation Baghdad Bronco hat. The second item is a Johnny Lightning working class "Kick It" '66 Bronco! Thanks Monte for dontating these items!

These items can be seen on the OBB site.

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
Other Forums

If you all are active on other Off-Road forums spread the word.....give the members a quick run down of the project and see if you can get some non-Classicbroncos.com users to buy raffle tickets!

Cory

broncoman33

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Hi,

Just looking in on this, Sounds like a great Plan you guys got going on here.

I see that you are looking for a D44 Front end?

I have one at a friends house in Justin, TX. This is about 10 miles north of Fort Worth.

It is a 3.50 ratio front end, but is just knuckle to knuckle. No disk brakes or anything. I think the drive axles are also around.

I am willing to donate.

Do you think it would help? I have just read the last 3 pages of this thread.

Let me know.

broncoman33@yahoo.com

I am in living in So-Cal, so we would have to figure out how to get it to you.

let me know.

Oh, and can i get a PM on the secret site for the raffle?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
cdkaminsky said:
If you all are active on other Off-Road forums spread the word.....give the members a quick run down of the project and see if you can get some non-Classicbroncos.com users to buy raffle tickets!

Cory

That is a good idea Cory. Not just for the raffle, but for the entire project. I think the more the merrier. Hopefully others will appreciate what we are trying to do and want to join in the fun! Thank you again. ;D

OP
OP
C

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
broncoman33 said:

I have one at a friends house in Justin, TX. This is about 10 miles north of Fort Worth.

It is a 3.50 ratio front end, but is just knuckle to knuckle. No disk brakes or anything. I think the drive axles are also around.

I am willing to donate.

Let me know.

broncoman33@yahoo.com

?

Sounds like a good idea. Thank you for the offer. I will see what we can do about getting that here. Do you think your friend might meet me halfway or something. I think that would be about a 4 hour trip one way. Otherwise, I will try to find someone else coming this way from that area.

Thank you very much for your support. :D

broncoman33

Loc.
San Diego, CA
CPT_D_1969 said:
Sounds like a good idea. Thank you for the offer. I will see what we can do about getting that here. Do you think your friend might meet me halfway or something. I think that would be about a 4 hour trip one way. Otherwise, I will try to find someone else coming this way from that area.

Thank you very much for your support. :D

I'd have to ask him, he has been looking for a job recently and isn't allways around. Let me give him a call and get back to you!!

:)

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Monte-

sfaforester said:
Leslie-

mbartek@alltel.net
I have contacted Australian Tyres and Mufflers about the Alluminum Allow Rims for the OBB and I have also contacted the 2 local part shops(O'Rellys, Rick's Auto Parts) in the Lonoke area to try to get some of the weatherstripping and vent rubbers. So, far I have not had a commitment yet. So, I will call them back after a week or so if I do not get a confirmation from them. I will keep you guys updated on these 3.
Thanks,
Leslie

4wheelnar

Loc.
Benton
Will Meet him Halfway....

broncoman33 said:
Hi,

Just looking in on this, Sounds like a great Plan you guys got going on here.

I am willing to donate.

Do you think it would help? I have just read the last 3 pages of this thread.

Let me know.

broncoman33@yahoo.com

I am in living in So-Cal, so we would have to figure out how to get it to you.

let me know.

Oh, and can i get a PM on the secret site for the raffle?

Melissa-
Just wanted to let you know if this can get the D-44 halfway from Texas we can meet him to pick it up. Also, make sure John thinks this item is ok for the OBB. Just thought we would offer if it can make it half way we will arrange for the rest of the ride to Conway.
Thanks,
Leslie