• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Humiliated by the Ex

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
I picked my son up this afternoon in the EB. As we are sitting at a red light a 2008 Yukon pulls up next to us and revs the engine. I laugh as the window lowers to reveal my Ex wife and my son's little sister. Light goes green, off we go, I get a slight jump, motor pulling for all she is worth, I'm grinning ear to ear till I blow the second gear shift with the sloppy linkage of the three on the tree. She leaves us in the dust as I try to double clutch into the synchroless top gear.:cry:
Anybody got a nice automatic for sale, Cheap?%)

D1970

Loc.
Bakersfield
Be carfull she might be driving your bronco next smilling ear to ear while grinding gear to gear. just kidding at least you got the hole shot

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Please drive safely with your child in the truck.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
Getting ready to meet my ex of 15 years at court this morning with our speed demon daughter!

......uh, good morning, Judge......

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOL , I was gonna say .... could'na been going too fast , he blew the 1-2 shift.

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Children are very impressionable at that age. I hope you haven't scared your son for life letting your ex beat you in your Bronco. What kind of role model are ya. Maybe ya need to get him into some counseling to help rid him of that thought. I'mmmm just kidding ;D. Sounds at least like the ex has a sense of humor. Something to laugh at later on. Keep things light hearted and in perspective. My parents divorced when I was a youngun. Their crappy attitude still has a bad affect on the family over 35yrs later. But you do need to do something to at least try to redeem yourself. Take no chances. Fiberglass tub,Blown 351,built automatic and rear end. Maybe a two stage nitrous system just to be sure;). But seriously at least some new bushings or a three on the floor shifter. Be careful and enjoy.