• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hurst 3spd floor shifter problems

Bronco John

I recently switched from column to floor shifter. I bought a used hurst 3spd shifter with rods and everything. My problem is it won't popover from R-1 to the 2-3 shift linkage with out a fight. I noticed they sell a kit for T-shift transfer case and J-shift. I have the T-shift transfer case, so I'm wondering if the kit I have is for J-shift and that's the problem I'm having. Anyone know the difference in the two kits and if that could be my issue? Thx

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, look on line on how to set up and adjust a hurst shifter. Also make sure the bushings are good. Good luck

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The difference in kits would just be inthe mounting brackets. More likely needs proper adjustments. Summit sells hurst pit paks with new bushings and clips

OP
OP
Bronco John

Bronco John

Thx. I think I have adjusted right. I put new bushings and clips in it when I installed.
It mounted up just fine so it must be made for my T-shifter. Thx guys

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I'm not sure what they do to em other than a different shifter handle but the Duffy shifter set up shifts alot nicer than the off the shelf hurst that came in my 72.