• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost.... again.....

cag119

can somebody walk me though mounting my hydroboost directly to the firewall? using the angle brackets doesn't work for me, hits the shock mounts and engine cage. i have the 94 hydroboost and the 70's corvette ms.

thanks,

andrew

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I think BC Broncos, as do other parts houses, make a plate for mounting flat to firewall.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I think it is a torino maybe 69 or 70 has a brake booster bracket that moves it towards the fender on the firewall about the same distance our angled ones do. However it comes straight out instead of at an angle. There is a thread on here somewhere about it but i cant ever find what im lookin for. Lol. and they show up on ebay from time to time

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I installed the Inline Bracket from eBay. (linked above) Very nice quality and excellent clearance for 351w and easy to get to driver's side of engine.

OP
OP
C

cag119

The mount that puts the hb running straight out is right on line with the engine cage. I'll call BC and/or WH today. I think i just need to adjust the throw on the pushrod.

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
is that you? Does anyone that you know of make one similar?

Yes, that was me in article that a friend did years ago. I think maybe Tallon Hydraulics makes one but I would never recommend purchasing anything from those scumbags.

Todd Z.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought the clocking adapter from Tallon. Can get you dimensions if you need. Also, Locofomoco shows a really thin and simple one in some photos but i didn't see it until after I bought the one from Tallon.

Hank

OP
OP
C

cag119

So it looks like I just need to mount the hydroB onto the firewall then climb under there and fab the rod to the correct length. Always sounds easier than it is. I called WyldHorses, their unit comes complete too. I just need a rod that's the correct length... Am I missing something? What about the throw of the rod verses the range of motion of the brake pedal? Could I step too hard on the pedal and explode the hydroB? That'd be my luck... Nice job to the Hydratech set up!
Andrew

KyddsPly

If you the floor the pedal, you shouldn't explode the unit. The system will sent the excess fluid back through the return line. But you will get a nice diagonal badge across you chest for a week or so. :)

OPCJeff

Loc.
Orange, CA
I have the bracket that mounts it parallel to the fender from eBay. I think the same as the link above. I like it but keep in mind that most of the 45 angle mounts are a higher ratio than 1 to1 so if that's what you are replacing then you may not get enough stroke on the master cylinder. I had to relocate the lever position lower on the pedal to get more stroke. The hydroboost works so well that it actually helped take some of the over sensitivity away when braking - Jeff