• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost issues..help needed

roostracing

Loc.
South Texas
Good morning everyone.

I had a buddy of mine weld some WH spring perches out back with their heavy duty u bolt/plates. He said he had to move the rear brake line a little and when he did he noticed it cracked. He went ahead and replaced both rear brake lines. I drove the bronco and it took way too much effort to get it to stop. He began to re-bleed the system. I noticed that i would push the brake pedal down and at the bottom i would feel the pedal jerk. What can it be?

At the moment and have no brakes! The hydroboost was working great before the new rear brake lines were installed. All insight is appreciated!!!

OP
OP
roostracing

roostracing

Loc.
South Texas
fluids are topped off in both the master cylinder and the power steering pump.

The hydroboost was already on the bronco when i bought it which worked flawlessly. How weird that a simple brake line change can alter it dramatically. I am still trying to figure it out.

galen1970b

Something else must have happened. If he bled the brakes right it should work. Plus the front and rear brakes are isolated...so if he just did work on the rear...your front(I'm assuming discs) should work fine...and they do 75% of your braking anyway..

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
What viperwolf1 and welndmn said look at both those and could be debrie was in the hard lines when you put them on and now there's something stuck in the wheel cylinder. Could also have a line that's not seated up all the way back there now letting in air.

John

DanHall

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
The pedal jerk sounds to me like air in the power steering/hydroboost side rather than the brake side. I had a similar issue after an alignment, no power brakes and a a pedal rebound/jerk when running. I rebled that side and the problem went away.

OP
OP
roostracing

roostracing

Loc.
South Texas
thank you everyone for your input!

I will be going over everything today. I had to get a day away from it to clear my head. I'm going to tackle it when i get out of work today. Hopefully i can get it fixed properly cause my new rear seat comes in and i wanna take the kiddos for a good ride!