• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost issues

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sometimes I have the push rod too thin and the lights won't work. I always send a new push rod if that happens.

Here's the one that came with my bracket. I can see what you mean, not enough material on the brake pedal side. I actually didn't use mine, just used the one I already had.

Attachments

• Pushrod.jpg
    Pushrod.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 19

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
latrucker, why are your hard lines routed so far away from one another? If they're both going to a common distribution block, such as a common proportioning/combination valve like in the diagram, or even an older H-block, they sure go a circuitous route.

Looks from here like the front reservoir feeds directly to the rear brakes and the rear reservoir feeds directly to the front brakes. But you say you have a combo valve somewhere? Or are you running just the manually adjustable prop valve?

Also, those nicely done coils in the rear line are vertically wound, rather than horizontally like you see all (or at least most?) factory hard lines. This coil orientation might be capable of capturing air, even though in theory there's enough fluid pressure during brake bleeding to push all the air past the coils. One would think anyway, but it's a possible point of discussion.

Any chance you have a recent leak in the system with all the other work going on? Maybe some air is getting into the lines as you bleed.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
latrucker

latrucker

Contributor
latrucker, why are your hard lines routed so far away from one another? If they're both going to a common distribution block, such as a common proportioning/combination valve like in the diagram, or even an older H-block, they sure go a circuitous route.

Looks from here like the front reservoir feeds directly to the rear brakes and the rear reservoir feeds directly to the front brakes. But you say you have a combo valve somewhere? Or are you running just the manually adjustable prop valve?

Also, those nicely done coils in the rear line are vertically wound, rather than horizontally like you see all (or at least most?) factory hard lines. This coil orientation might be capable of capturing air, even though in theory there's enough fluid pressure during brake bleeding to push all the air past the coils. One would think anyway, but it's a possible point of discussion.

Any chance you have a recent leak in the system with all the other work going on? Maybe some air is getting into the lines as you bleed.

Good luck.

Paul
Looks are deceiving, rear line goes to the proportioning valve mounted on the inside fender well then to the rear disc brakes. Front line goes back under the bracket to the goofy looking coil then on to the front axle. Tried to reuse what I previously had with the angle bracket. Coil got bent up after I gave up on neatness (but kept safety in mind). I didn't give any thought to the vertical position of the coil, you might have something there. Although it goes to the front and i can lock up the front brakes pretty easy, looks like the rear won't lock up even in gravel with the.proportioning valve opened up.