• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost Issues - Please help

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
I am runnign the hydratech hydroboost set-up and seem to have some large issues. Today after firing the vehicle up for the first time I checked out the power steering and brakes. The power steering was great but the brakes were a little spongy. We then went back and bleed the power steering again and removed a few more air bubbles. Next time out went for a little spin around the circle and all the sudden no power steering or power brakes. Still have not been able to resolve this issue. I am a little lost here,

Thanks-

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
How about checking the belt tension.
Does the pump have a dual return?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
check that pressure valve under the big nut out the back of the pump that valve stuck on mine when I 1st put it in ...took nut off pulled out valve cleaned it put it all back together and all was well...

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Check that your newly aquired high brake pressure hasn't blown out a section of brake line. That's what happened to me.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
As Papitt says probably stuff in the pump causing the valve to stick. I have been putting in a Napa 20FLT1 ($2.50) filter in my return lines. Since it doesn't sound like the PS is a fresh rebuild it may have had something in it that is now lodged in the pump valve.

OP
OP
NYBronco

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Power sterring Pump Cleaning

Ok - So I pulled the pump and I am trying to take it apart to look inside and see if there is anything lodged inside. I Removed the two bolts on the back however the can still will not separate from the pump. What else do I need to do to get inside of the pump? I will post the pump I am using here.

OP
OP
NYBronco

NYBronco

Loc.
Hartford, CT
Pump Checking

So now I got the can off the back end. How do I check the pump to see if there is anything caught in it?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
A hydrotech unit that doesn't work?? thats smacks of amazing! Pauls stuff is as close to bullet proof as you can get.
Phone Paul Clark at hydrotech and talk to him
A finer more knowledgeable person does not walk this earth
When Hboost beats TOFIC (doesn't happen often!) this is one of the guys I talk to!!
TOFIC

jvanderveen

if you didnt lift the front end off the ground when you bled the pump out its possible the pump shaft snapped. i had that happen to a new pump once and drove me nuts for about 2 hours looking for the issue. returned the pump told em it wasnt working, put on new pump and lifted the front end this time had no issues afer that.