• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost issues

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
I was having trouble with my HB install. Basically I had instant power brakes. I was having trouble finding information that matched my problem although once I called this guy I started finding information to back what he said.

Basically I was using a rebuilt HB unit. These units a particular about the cylinder diameter and if the diameter of the primary vale cylinder is too large by even a few thousandths it can allow fluid to bleed buy and cause the instant power brakes.

These people were very helpful and talked to me about my system even though they hadn't sold me the unit and I figure the least I could do is let this community know when someone gives good service.

http://www.vancopbs.com

I always thought I had good brakes and I di, but these HB brakes are downright scary good. It has been one of the most aggravating projects I have performed on this bronco and I went through 5, yes 5 rebuilt ones before I found one that worked.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
swapping 5 HB units sounds like a pain! What brand rebuild are you using? Where from? Astro or superduty?

I ask because I wana do the 99-00 superduty swap and have found that my local yards don't have anything that new usually, so I may end up getting a new rebuilt HB unit. Most places sell the cordone, PBE Inc, or brakebest rebuild for $200. New motorcraft ones are $500.

Does Vanco sell just the HB unit? or did they recommend a better brand?

Last edited: