• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I could use some measurements please

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm starting the body build, and in order to start correctly (and square) the rear bed stake panels, they are welded to the rear sill..

What is the measurement from R stake to the left stake at the sill?
What is the measurement from R stake to the left stake at the top by the cap?

What is the measurement from R stake (outer edge) to the Passenger floor 90 degree bend?
What is the measurement from L stake (outer edge) to the Driver floor 90 degree bend?

Are the bed stakes truly 90 degrees to the sill?

The upper bed panels (the cap rests on),
What is the distance from R to L by the rear glass?
What is the distance from R to L by the door striker posts?

Thank you in advance, this will keep me occupied for a while, I don't have a tub for any reference...
reamer

Attachments

• Rear quarter.jpg
    Rear quarter.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 74

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bronco looks good in silver!
Meantime... Back to the top for the morning crew.;)

Paul

durwood71

This might help some. https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pag...cs/body/early-bronco-floor-board-measurement/
I would measure mine but I built it from tub kit like you are doing. I built mine on it's frame and screwed things together with self tapping screws. Mock up as many pieces as you can at one time including doors and tailgate. You can remove screws and move things around until all is squared up before you start welding. There is another diagram out there I can't find right now that shows door area measurements and they are slightly different from year to year which proves all Bronco's are a little different. (Built to loose specs from the factory I guess). I messed up the distance between my rear stakes and had to cut down my tailgate a little. My stakes were too close together.

BroncoBub

Door

This might help some. https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pag...cs/body/early-bronco-floor-board-measurement/
I would measure mine but I built it from tub kit like you are doing. I built mine on it's frame and screwed things together with self tapping screws. Mock up as many pieces as you can at one time including doors and tailgate. You can remove screws and move things around until all is squared up before you start welding. There is another diagram out there I can't find right now that shows door area measurements and they are slightly different from year to year which proves all Bronco's are a little different. (Built to loose specs from the factory I guess). I messed up the distance between my rear stakes and had to cut down my tailgate a little. My stakes were too close together.

This is what you need.

Attachments

• doormeasurements.jpg
    doormeasurements.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
These are all great drawings but they don't have what I need..

Looking for the measurement between the Right and Left rear tailgate posts (at the floor and at the top by the cap).

Measurement from the Right tailgate post to the Right Striker post on the floor, and at the top.

Measurement from the Left tailgate post to the Left Striker post on the floor, and at the top.

And than between the striker posts at the floor and at the top.

Do the Striker posts lean in a few degrees? (are they 90 degrees to the floor pan)?

How high is the bed cap rail from the floor pan??

Thanks

Vpwjrsm

Working on my rebuild. I believe I have 56" inside to inside on the rear Tailgate Posts. 90 degree square on the lower rear cross member. If I remember, I fit the endcaps and mocked the tailgate to check may gaps. Will be back at it tonight and will verify.