• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I dont see how some of you...

spreadmonkey

Loc.
Austin, Tx
can go for months/years with your bronco partially disassembled or fully disassembled.

I just finished putting on my rear lift from BC (front was already done), with new shocks, and I'm dying to drive it. Unfortunately I can't...my steering wheel is off because I need to replace the turn switch. I had to re-drill and tap the holes in the wheel mount just so I could pull it off to access the switch, and I was very close to saying F work and staying up all night to replace the switch just so I could drive it. As it was I had bronco dreams for what seemed like hours after I finally called it a night.

I've only had it since January and I think I might go crazy if I don't drive it at least once a month.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I am really thinking hard about an engine swap and the thought of down time is killing me.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
here is what mine has been like for over a year.... axle, engine, drivetrain is all in side the garage.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 177

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I was lucky enough to have another bronco to drive during the frame of on my 73. But my 67 really needs new rear springs, new master cylinder and a bunch of other little things but I have been putting them off until I can get the 73 road worhty. Thats why you need at least two broncos!!

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
yeah i dont really understand it either, if i start something it needs to get done these year long or longer projects are crazy to me. but each their own i guess

OP
OP
spreadmonkey

spreadmonkey

Loc.
Austin, Tx
here is what mine has been like for over a year.... axle, engine, drivetrain is all in side the garage.

I don't know if I could ever do that. Not without at least another to drive around. The longest I've ever had a bronco in hibernation was during an engine swap on the 87 I got in high school, and that was about two and a half months.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I was without mine for a year after the wreck. It really sucked. I've always tried to work my upgrades so I limited down time.
Tom

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I tore mine apart about 10 years ago & it was down for about 8 months. It was tough. More recently, I replaced the front end components & it was down for about 2 weeks & that was tough. I was driving an F-250 work truck & I hated not having my DD. So I try to get things taken care of ASAP, safe & correct, but quickly so I am not out of commission all the time.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I bought mine, drove it 300 yards, and then took it totally apart. That was over three years ago but I should be able to drive it by the end of the summer.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Mine's been apart since 2002...it's all about the cash flow...Life gets in the way as well...Kids are expensive...Came close to starting it in November, then the wife lost her job...I've ordered parts, but it won't be rolling until summer...

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Mine was apart for 9 years. Once I got it to the point of looking like a truck again I would do the same thing as Heus33 and just sit in it and pretend to drive.
I also had another bronco to drive.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's what happens when you are working on a '66, a '69, a chopped '76 go-trailer, a '76, a '78 and a '79 all at the same time....and have a couple ATVs, 4 or 5 boats, a '61 T-Bird and a some F-250/350s that demand their share of attention too.%)

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I bought mine September 2002 and still aren't any where near to driving it.

When I started I had no kids - I now have a 2 and a 5 year old.

Between time & money it's tough sometimes.

Driving my Taurus just doesn't have the same appeal as my Bronco.