• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I dont see how some of you...

OsideDave

More fun...maybe, maybe not...depends on how many rusted bolts I have to drill out/grind off in a night. And I wouldn't be with her if she wasn't fun to be with.
More important...yes
More expensive...my girlfriend has expensive taste, so yes
Is the bronco going to be disappointed if I break plans with it? nope

Looks like the girlfriend wins.

Dinner was good and she paid which makes it even better. I hope to work on Bronco sometime later today after prepping dirtbike for upcoming Baja ride.

OP
OP
spreadmonkey

spreadmonkey

Loc.
Austin, Tx
Dinner was good and she paid which makes it even better. I hope to work on Bronco sometime later today after prepping dirtbike for upcoming Baja ride.

Can't complain with that. I'm grilling up some Redfish tonight so at least this dinner date wont cost me any money...unless you count the cost of a guided fishing trip ;D...which although the weather didn't cooperate, was still worth it. Give Chuck Scates a call if you dont have a boat and ever want to fish the Texas Gulf Flats.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
thats why mine is barely drivable with the projects only 75% done. I get started on something, wheeling season comes up, I make it so its drivable and never get back to finishing up the projects! oh well.....

now if I could get that second bronco going.....

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Well, I had a long spurt working on the bronco through the winter but now that I can work outside the new house is taking priority. It does suck but I really enjoy having the house nice too.

Don't get burned out. I have doen that a couple times and picked up other expensive hobbies. The Bronco bug always bites the hardest though.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Bought mine in 2004. Drove it 80 miles and it stranded me in BFE, Arkansas. Ended up shipping it home and started tearing it down. Got it started last fall. Still got lots of stuff I want to add, fix, tweak and change.

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
same here! bought mine in spring of 07 trailered it home ran to dmv go it registered the next day got classic ins.think it was a wednesday.that friday night me the wife and the kid went to the boardwalk with it.funny it had 3 on the tree and she wanted to drive it.boy she could not get the pattern down it was funny but it wasent.that saturday some friends were going wheelin and it was kinda hot so my friend kept houndin me to take the doors and top off.so i did.we took it out wheelin it was all stock so i couldent do everything the other trucks did but we had a blast.that week i would come home and tinker with it.before you know it the carpet came out just to clean it.then it was floor pans then dash then bam it was down to bare frame.i mean everything even brake and fule lines all the rears and springs.i realy miss it.its bin painted with por the new rears are back in with a cage 5.5 lift the motor is in and now working on the body.i may have to cut a few corners.money isnt realy there to do all that i want and i realy want to drive it by this summer.