• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got FU...SCREWED

CHVYPWR

Loc.
SW Mi.
I got screwed out of the '74 Bronco deal by a "friend", the Bronco in this post: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39458

I had an agreement with this "friend" that if I either helped pull the 302, or found him another 302 I could have the Bronco because I wanted the driveline becuase he was going to JUNK the rest!. He also told me there was no title. The day we made the deal, he moved out of his GF's place and left no forwarding phone# or address so I can't contact him. He had the bronco stored at my dads. One week after we made the deal, my dad calls and asks why the bronco is up by the road. This "friend" went out to tow it away to the place he moved to to pull the engine out without telling me. In the process of trying to tow it out, he got stuck and blew the rear end out of his '78 Ford truck.
He shows up the next day with a tow truck and a made deal with the tow truck driver/indpendent mechanic to fix the rear of his truck with parts from the bronco rear, paying the driver/mech with the bronco which he got a title for from the old owner sometime within the weeks time!!

So, in a nut shell, in the process of trying to sneek it out from under me, he blows the rear in his truck. Makes a deal to give the bronco away to someone else after we had a deal earlier in the week, to repair his truck that he broke trying while doing something he shouldn't have been doing in the first place :mad: I had some great plans for the bronco, all shot in the arse now thanks to a "friend" of 20 some years :mad::mad:

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
Man that really sucks to have a long time friend screw you over....when you finally catch up with him give the dope a bill for the storage cost at your dads.

C4

Put it in writing.......I've learned that when it comes to deals with People, no matter how long you've knowed them, it's better to put it in writting to protect both parties.

Word.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
just remember "what comes around, goes around."
he'll get his, you just wait and see.
i've been in your shoes, and it sucks. but look at it this way, at least you didn't have anything invested other than a bit of your time. it would have really sucked if he was making off with a bunch of your money.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
You know what, he did you a favor. I know he bent you over, but it could and can be worse. Just think if he is going to be that way with you now, what do you think he would do to you if there was a large sum of money involved. I know that you did not want to hear that, but maybe a year down the road you might hear about him doing a lot worse to someone else. You will get the pleasure of sitting back an saying, boy am I glad he is out of my life.

JFX

I think that it will all come out in the wash. Maybe after moving out of the gf's he had some other problems. ?:?

I'd atleast listen to his side.

JFX

OP
OP
C

CHVYPWR

Loc.
SW Mi.
JFX said:
I think that it will all come out in the wash. Maybe after moving out of the gf's he had some other problems. ?:?

I'd atleast listen to his side.

JFX

His life IS one big problem, a life time of poor decisions. I heard his side, he was whinning that he had no vehicle to drive because he blow the rear end out trying to take the bronco out from under me. If he wanted the engine out that bad, all he had to do is tell me and the deal would have been done.

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
" in the process of trying to sneek it out from under me, he blows the rear in his truck. "

Sounds like he already got what was coming to him.

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
I've seen something like that happen. My brother-in-law did all the body work and painted his best friends truck and then the dude baled right afterwards and never paid him for it. Never heard from him again. That kind of crap just boils the blood.

72BlueBronco

When it comes to cash, nice guys finish last....................
Never let anyone make payments. Friends, Family or Neighbors. You'll gets screwed in the END. I've learned the hard way. Some rat bastard still owes me money for the tub I sold him. I had to threaten legal action just to get this guy to make a payment and each time he's got a sob story. My wife lost her job, My car broke down, My brother-in-law died....................I don't give a flying F&$K, pay up mother f@#ker.

Whoa, sorry about that, you touched a nerve, I got carried away!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
You got screwed!

You call that guy a FRIEND???

With friends like that you don't need enemies, there coming in the same package.

Kiss it off and go looking for a new Bronco. If you are having no luck drop me a line, i know where there is a 68 half cab needing some serious TLC and a caring owner

The old fart in Canada.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
your friend is going to get it twice because the bronco rear end will not interchange with his 78 31spline vs 28 spline axles, unless he just needs the gears. One day he will come back asking for help and you will think twice about helping him. maybe you can talk to the tow company about aquiring the bronco back for a few bucks.

OP
OP
C

CHVYPWR

Loc.
SW Mi.
broncnaz said:
your friend is going to get it twice because the bronco rear end will not interchange with his 78 31spline vs 28 spline axles, unless he just needs the gears. One day he will come back asking for help and you will think twice about helping him. maybe you can talk to the tow company about aquiring the bronco back for a few bucks.

I've helped this "friend" more times than I can count. If he ever shows up here, he'll need more help. Help picking his arse up off the ground!:mad:
I told him the axle parts probably wouldn't work but, it didn't seem to matter%)

Thanks for the supporting words:)

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Cheer up and consider yourself lucky. What you have found out is this guy really isn't a friend or he wouldn't have put the screws to you like he did. Also that rig was going to need a ton of TLC and cash to get it road worthy. There's no doubt that you can find a better bronco project and a better friend. Cheers.