• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got TUNES!!!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
So, I got to thinking, which isn't always a good thing, and decided to install the CD player I bought 3 years ago. I really wanted to add it to this thread, but it has already been archived.

Anyway, the answer to cutting the dash is: use a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder. I started using my dremel, but after the third disc and only two inches of cut, I broke out the dewalt. In keeping with my ghettoness, I used some leftover sensor wire from my garage door opener for the speaker wire. I kept the same box, but drilled a small hole in the floorpan behind it, and routed the speaker wire under the cab. Hopefully, the exhaust won't melt the wire sheath(guess I'll pick up some high temp loom for that bit.

Anyway, I still haven't done anything with the motorcycle amp. The boat I ended up getting already had a radio installed. But at least I got one more box(the one I kept the cd player in) off the shelf. Now to build a sub box that's molded to the rear quarter panel...

Look at all the pretty lights, now that's fancy.;D

Hey, did you paint your floor?

backpain

Bronco Guru
You beat me. My new CD/MP3/ipod player has been in the garage since . . . .wait . . . . it has also been 3 years now!

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
So, I got to thinking, which isn't always a good thing, and decided to install the CD player I bought 3 years ago. I really wanted to add it to this thread, but it has already been archived.

Anyway, the answer to cutting the dash is: use a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder. I started using my dremel, but after the third disc and only two inches of cut, I broke out the dewalt. In keeping with my ghettoness, I used some leftover sensor wire from my garage door opener for the speaker wire. I kept the same box, but drilled a small hole in the floorpan behind it, and routed the speaker wire under the cab. Hopefully, the exhaust won't melt the wire sheath(guess I'll pick up some high temp loom for that bit.

Anyway, I still haven't done anything with the motorcycle amp. The boat I ended up getting already had a radio installed. But at least I got one more box(the one I kept the cd player in) off the shelf. Now to build a sub box that's molded to the rear quarter panel...

3a899d60.jpg

Got any Hank Jr to play on those fancy lights????

lasadoor

Loc.
San Diego
I'm hitting the swap meet this saturday. So just to clarify, 100 watt amp and 2 5 1/2 inch speakers, some 16ga speaker wire, and RCA into 3 1/2mm.
What size is the connection on the ignition post?

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will not be using this anymore. Anyone who wants it, it is free to you. Includes speakers, does not include amp.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I will not be using this anymore. Anyone who wants it, it is free to you. Includes speakers, does not include amp.

Why for not man? Not working the way you want it?

Possibly interested (depending on shipping) Edited

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Message me your #, I'll give you a call.

Thank U Sir. Have a good day bud