• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need a protofab tire carrier old wing nut style

treihesse

Bronco Guru
I need to buy or build a tire carrier for a older classic protofab prerunner bumper. I have the mount on the bumper but I bought it without a carrier. So if Simone has one or a pic and a description of how it mounts that would be great

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is sending the bumper in to them an option? Obviously it would cost the extra shipping and the labor and parts to get the job done, but I believe they offer that service still.
Yeah, it goes against the grain of a do-it-yourselfer, but might be the best way to get it done.

Good luck.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Just sold the old tube style bumper w/that carrier on it. Just be patient, maybe someone has that out there.

bfluegel

Contributor
Here's photo from when I went looking for a latch conversion. The PO had the tire carrier and a gas carrier both with the wingnuts. OK for an open top, but very inconvenient with a hardtop. Protofab told me that they no longer sold the latch conversions as a kit, because the installation was too complex to describe over the phone. I sent in the bumper for the latch on the tire side, and the results are great. That latch design is indestructible.
I'm in Golden if you're interested in the gas/cooler carrier, or if you just want to see the design.

Attachments

• bump2.jpg
    bump2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 25