• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I scored a second Bronco! - UPDATED 9-17-16 - ALMOST DONE!!

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It also came with an old school Con Ferr rear seat (the part you sit on lifts up and there is storage space under) but I just found out it is too wide for an early Bronco. Seems like it is for a K-5 or Scout maybe. Really wish it fit in the Bronco it is really cool!

Haven't seen pics of it but I bet it would be a easy mod to narrow and make fit the Bronco

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
There's a guy near San Diego that will make you excellent reproductions with your plate number. It's all he does. Cheaper/easier than having them restored and they look GREAT! Plus you can put the OG's on your garage wall or something.

PM me if you want the number.

Thanks...I will definitely look into that when time comes.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Man, must be nice to live in a good climate.

4G in IL would buy you a pile of rust.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Wow $4,000! like others have said you would get a pile of rust for that much on the east coast.
Nice bronco. Love the color.

ren71

great score! I don't doubt for one second the 30 plus calls in one evening, 4k in Los Angeles is usually a basket case, you lucked out big time.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Sorry guys, I re-read my post and realized I did not make it clear. He advertised the Bronco for $4,000 but I paid $5,700. He had offers of $5K and $5,500 before anyone ever saw it. When the offers started to come in he changed his CL add and said it would go to the highest bidder. I was the first one to see it and make him a reasonable offer.

Even at $5,700 I think I totally scored. The body is freakin' so straight...just one small rust bubble in driver fender. No dents. Floor needs some help but that was expected. We comet washed and buffed it and the paint is fine for a trail rig. We got the motor to fire up too and it does not sound that bad. Will post up some pics this weekend.

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Thanks Dusty. Hope to wheel it with you one day. The only BBBB that I attended (with my uncut) was the only one you missed (2012)....I think.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I actually didn't miss that one. My brother got married that Saturday so I had to come back down the hill for the day, but I was there each night and did get to wheel a bit on that Sunday. I haven't missed one yet! :)

Looking forward to seeing this thing take shape. You're in LA. Take a notebook and digital camera over to Mike B's place and study up :)

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
OK, I remembered that you had something else going on. I did not hang out at Golden Bear very much as the Kings were in the Stanley Cup finals.

HAHA! Yeah, I don't think I am going to build a monster like Mike B. I have a good plan for it though....it will be capable!

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
UPDATE

Due to some work on the house I needed to perform, progress is not as far along as I would have liked...but some stuff is getting done.

Here are a few pics of the rust repair we are doing. I am just going to cut out the really rotted part and replace with new metal. The whole floor is going to get truck bedliner sprayed in so this level of repair is good enough for me. My buddy is doing the welding for me.

I am also including some pics of the stuff the PO gave me...old JD and Jeff catalogs, etc along with cool vintage poster of the Silver Fox. All in great shape. I am also including pics of my Tom's Bronco Parts complete power disc brake kit waiting to be installed. I will be buying a power steering setup next.

In the spirit of the other builds on here with nicknames of the "man with no name" spaghetti western trilogy...I have decided to name this build "A Fist Full of Dollars" as I love all of those movies and that is exactly what I will be throwing at this build.

On a side note...does anyone know how I can change the title of this thread to add that nickname? Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 107
  • stuff 001.jpg
    stuff 001.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 116
  • stuff 003.jpg
    stuff 003.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 117
  • stuff 004.jpg
    stuff 004.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 118
  • stuff 005.jpg
    stuff 005.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Rest of the pics

Attachments

• stuff 011.jpg
    stuff 011.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 73
  • stuff 010.jpg
    stuff 010.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 79
  • stuff 009.jpg
    stuff 009.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 75
  • stuff 008.jpg
    stuff 008.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 74
  • stuff 007.jpg
    stuff 007.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 77
  • stuff 006.jpg
    stuff 006.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 76

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Go to your very first post, hit EDIT, then ADVANCED, then you should be able to change the title.

How are the prices in those old catalogs? Any chance of the vendors honoring them? :)

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Thanks Fireball.

HAHA!! Yeah, on my next order I will try "Ummm.....it says here in the catalog I have that the price is $400 cheaper than what you are quoting me."

OP
OP
Bronco Junkie

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
It has been awhile since I have updated my build. It has been moving along. Rust in floor was fixed and floor was also torn up from some aftermarket driver's seat that was in there...that was fixed too. New power steering and power disk brakes (both TBP) were installed. A drop pitman arm was installed. And a 2 inch body lift (WH) was installed (pics).

Both gas tanks have been removed and cleaned (truck was last registered in 1998) and I have all new filler and vent hoses. I have a set of 3.5 in lift Deaver springs sitting here waiting. I bought an NP 435 from CL..it has been rebuilt and waiting. We recently took out the 3-speed and Dana 20. The Dana 20 is getting re-built right now with the Teralow gears. And next, my buddy will weld up the hole in the floor from the 3-speed and then we will mock up the NP and cut the floor for that.

I named my build A Fist Full of Dollars. I recently saw another Spaghetti Western called A Barrel Full of Dollars...which seems more appropriate. The movie sucked so I will stick with Fist Full.

Attachments

• Sporto 103.jpg
    Sporto 103.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Sporto 102.jpg
    Sporto 102.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Sporto 101.jpg
    Sporto 101.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Sporto 100.jpg
    Sporto 100.jpg