• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I think I'm addicted

Tim in Az

Loc.
Mesa
Hi my name is Tim and I'm addicted to my Bronco.
Its been 12 hrs since I've seen her. Todays the wifes birthday and I promised
to focus on her today. I've had the bronco for 5 months now and find myself having coffee every morning with her. This has put my dog in major depression
since he use to be my coffee buddy. I guess I'll have to find some balance-maybe bring him out in the garage with me. Don't think I could bring the wife though--she talks to much and would distract me from my Bronco visions. I really think I'm in Love with an older woman. Wife 38 --Bronco 44. Bronco costs me more and probably hasn't aged as well as the wife but she never asks if she looks fat or makes me listen to a long boring ass gossip story about one of her friends. The Bronco lets me drive her any time I want. All the stars have to be aligned perfectly for this to happen with the wife --lol. I've had allot of toys in my life and some allot more expensive and in nicer condition but none have ever given me the satisfaction that my eb does. Reminds me of the feeling I had when my wife and I first met. I guess for now I love them equally --lol.
The wife has some serious competion tho cause the bronco is looking better every day.
IS THIS NORMAL OR DO I NEED TO SEEK PROFESIONAL HELP

Bucky66

I understand the addiction. My name is Brandon and I've been an addict for 10 years now. I too, have coffee in the am on the weekends, in the garage in a lawn chair and occasionally remove myself from the lawn chair. Of course take a look underneath her or to look under the hood just to admire. ADMIRE WHAT?!!! some would ask, I reply with...... just simply admire. My eb has blessed me with lots of garage time and smiles.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Hi my name is Tim and I'm addicted to my Bronco.
Its been 12 hrs since I've seen her. Todays the wifes birthday and I promised
to focus on her today. I've had the bronco for 5 months now and find myself having coffee every morning with her. This has put my dog in major depression
since he use to be my coffee buddy. I guess I'll have to find some balance-maybe bring him out in the garage with me. Don't think I could bring the wife though--she talks to much and would distract me from my Bronco visions. I really think I'm in Love with an older woman. Wife 38 --Bronco 44. Bronco costs me more and probably hasn't aged as well as the wife but she never asks if she looks fat or makes me listen to a long boring ass gossip story about one of her friends. The Bronco lets me drive her any time I want. All the stars have to be aligned perfectly for this to happen with the wife --lol. I've had allot of toys in my life and some allot more expensive and in nicer condition but none have ever given me the satisfaction that my eb does. Reminds me of the feeling I had when my wife and I first met. I guess for now I love them equally --lol.
The wife has some serious competion tho cause the bronco is looking better every day.
IS THIS NORMAL OR DO I NEED TO SEEK PROFESIONAL HELP

Tim you need some help with that problem. Try these.

Attachments

• ear%20plug.jpg
    ear%20plug.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 12

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
Hey Tim - I am just as addicted but for not as long. I got the EB Addiction in June and have thought of little else ever since. Spend all my time researching, reading, planning, looking at classifieds, and thinking about it first thing wehen I wake up and goto bed, and the majority of the time in between. I hoped the obsession would go away after my I found the right EB. I found my EB a few weeks ago and the obsession has got even worse. Now I look for parts, ideas, projects, upgrades, etc.

I wish I could say the obsession will get better but it hasn't yet :)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
This is easy gotta get the wife to feel like she's competing with the Bronco then tell her to get N and enjoy, thatll bring her around then shell love the Bronco too! Who knows what it might do for you? Yea and take the dog for rides man!

OP
OP
Tim in Az

Tim in Az

Loc.
Mesa
The wife doesn't have a problem with the Bronco. She loves anything that makes me happy. She's actually the perfect wife. Loves football, camping,boating and much more. I'm a dad of 2 girls and outside of the dog I'm the only guy in the family. I can't stand shopping (unless its for EB Sh*t) and shopping and girl sh*t is what my girls are into. I guess my new founf Bronco addiction is what keeps me grounded.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
My wife tries every chance she gets to take the Bronco out alone. So I keep the keys in my pocket at all times ;D She went for a cruise with her girlfriends. Its a man truck and no chick mobile dammit!!!:mad:

NYLES

Bronco Guru
The wife doesn't have a problem with the Bronco. She loves anything that makes me happy. She's actually the perfect wife. Loves football, camping,boating and much more. I'm a dad of 2 girls and outside of the dog I'm the only guy in the family. I can't stand shopping (unless its for EB Sh*t) and shopping and girl sh*t is what my girls are into. I guess my new founf Bronco addiction is what keeps me grounded.

Then you dont have a Bronco problem!

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...IS THIS NORMAL OR DO I NEED TO SEEK PROFESIONAL HELP

No this is not normal. A large percentage of the human race don't have a clue what this sickness is. YOU are one of the chosen few! ;D

Oh yeah... forget about getting help. You're in way over your head, hang on and enjoy the ride.

And as Nyles said, take the dog for rides often. ;)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Here's another good tip to keep your addiction healthy... Let your dog hang out in the Bronc while you work on her.

Attachments

• DSCN0970 30.JPG
    DSCN0970 30.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 35

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
It actually gets worse & soon you'll find the need for more than one. My addiction has even morphed into a need for all things old & 4x4 as I've stepped into the IH arena w/ a '67 Travelall! The Broncos are the true love though as they're just damn sexy...

barronj

Bronco Guru
she never asks if she looks fat or makes me listen to a long boring ass gossip story about one of her friends. The Bronco lets me drive her any time I want. All the stars have to be aligned perfectly for this to happen with the wife

I laughed. The wife wanted to know what I was laughing at... that would be a slippery slope.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Would you consider the Bronco community a cult, I say yes. There are many car fanatics but I don't believe any other car or truck has a devoted and almost theraputic relationship with a inanimate object. The closest thing I could relate to a mans devotion to his Bronco is a womans devotion to owning shoes.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Would you consider the Bronco community a cult, I say yes. There are many car fanatics but I don't believe any other car or truck has a devoted and almost theraputic relationship with a inanimate object. The closest thing I could relate to a mans devotion to his Bronco is a womans devotion to owning shoes.

Reminds me a Dukes a hazzard..."NO! IM GONE HAVE SEX WITH IT"

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
<<Yup! Totally addicted too. Im offshore working and just emailed me wife to say "Oh, btw, a big heavy old tranmission is going to be delivered in a couple days. Just go ahead and drag it into the garage for me =)" LOL. She just LOVES that! Haha. Having an understanding wife is key in dealing with your addiction. ;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nope! Not me. I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to . . .

Yeah, right. %)