• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I wrecked her

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I’m so glad that one of the first mods I did way back in the day, was to add a 6pt cage, and 3pt belts.

Was driving home, down a beautiful winding country road;

Found myself behind a propane truck and a small white car. Waited through some corners, then at a nice long straight stretch, I moved to pass them both. I was still beside the propane truck, and he got over to pass! I kept it floored, but moved to my left, just knowing for sure he would see the error and move back again. Nope, he did keep coming, but my rear slid out on the dirt, I crossed both lanes In front of them, (didn’t hit any cars) hit the ditch on the right, ran over a bunch of scrub oak, it pitched left and I flipped it.

At the very least, it needs a top, both fenders, grill, track bar and tie rod. The left rear 1/4 is pushed forward and down. Once the wrecker got it upright, I let it sit for a bit, and it fired right up. Drove it home the last 2 miles too!

So that sucks. Im okay though. Jammed my thumb and have a bruise on my knee and left arm. I’m gonna move towards getting contributor status today so I can get y’all some pics.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Whew, glad you're OK!

Sorry about the Bronco, but built FORD TOUGH, you drove it home after all that!;)

Norm

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That sucks for sure but no one is dead and that is a big plus. Looks like you got some work ahead of you. Perhaps change your signature?

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
That sucks for sure but no one is dead and that is a big plus. Looks like you got some work ahead of you. Perhaps change your signature?

Nope, still applies

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Glad you are still able to tell us about it. Did the gas truck stop?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Wow, good to hear you're ok.

Yep, I feel MUCH better driving mine with the 6 point bar tied to the frame with 3 point belts.

Pics will be interesting, and are always good for others to see "what if".....

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Glad your OK. I put my first one on it's roof many years ago. It was still running upside down until I climbed back in and shut it off. Definitely glad I had a roll bar.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Holy crap, Dan! Sure glad you are OK...

Plenty of great advice available here if you need help rebuilding her. :p

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I sure appreciate the well wishes and encouragement.

I’ll figure out how the repair will play out, once I start pulling off the busted stuff.

I consider myself to be very fortunate.

Montoya

I’m so glad that one of the first mods I did way back in the day, was to add a 6pt cage, and 3pt belts.

Was driving home, down a beautiful winding country road;

Found myself behind a propane truck and a small white car. Waited through some corners, then at a nice long straight stretch, I moved to pass them both. I was still beside the propane truck, and he got over to pass! I kept it floored, but moved to my left, just knowing for sure he would see the error and move back again. Nope, he did keep coming, but my rear slid out on the dirt, I crossed both lanes In front of them, (didn’t hit any cars) hit the ditch on the right, ran over a bunch of scrub oak, it pitched left and I flipped it.

At the very least, it needs a top, both fenders, grill, track bar and tie rod. The left rear 1/4 is pushed forward and down. Once the wrecker got it upright, I let it sit for a bit, and it fired right up. Drove it home the last 2 miles too!

So that sucks. Im okay though. Jammed my thumb and have a bruise on my knee and left arm. I’m gonna move towards getting contributor status today so I can get y’all some pics.

Damn! That sucks man. Glad you are ok and can hopefully rebuild it back even better.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
That Sucks! I am glad to hear that you made it out without major injuries. Hopefully the damage isn't too rough on your Bronco and you can get it back on the road soon. Post up some pics when you get a chance and a list of what parts you might need. Never know who has something laying around.
Good luck Sir!

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, I'm glad you're okay also. I also noticed the little one in your avatar, thank goodness he wasn't along. Good luck with the repairs. Oh, and did the gas truck stop?

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Someone upstairs was watching over you Brother! Very glad you drove and walked away from that... scary stuff right there! Good luck on you repairs.