• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IDEA ADVICE: Running full size 8" coils

devdizz84

Loc.
Cool, CA
Ok, little torn still what to do. ?:? have had the 5 1/2" progressives before. Happy with the flex, but want more drop. this new bronco i have was built on front chev leafs.... its gotta go.. getting stated with some ideas just toying with this thought. gotta always have more u know? id like to one up on a budget without selling my manhood to afford kings or something. im running a metric dana 60 with 42" irocks. im going to lower a few inches, but my idea is to reset the upper coil buckets higher to keep the bronco low. what im thinking with the weight of the 60 and the tires i can run the 460 pound springs. in a flex being able to stretch those coils more than the 5 1/2. id rather have a lighter spring rate but dont know if anyone has ever done something like this, or if i can find a same year f150 progressive. i looked up the rate on the regular 5 1/2" spring wild horses sells and its also 400 some. not too much less. with the heavy bumper efi, and Nv4500 i have itd actually be better off. thats just my idea tho.

any advice from someone that knows of an alternative coil or just just in general would be appreciated. ;D

OP
OP
D

devdizz84

Loc.
Cool, CA
no. with the 60 there is no axle tube on the driver side. im building some wrap around custom extended arms from a stock Range Rover. not possible to easily use stock bronco. kinda trick.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Take a look at my build thread. I have never tried, but I'm pretty sure I can fit the 42's. 39.5's still have about an inch or so before touching. I'm running Cage stuff up front with a little custom mounting. Coil buckets are in stock location and I have plenty of lift and too much drop out. The suspension is limited strapped in front to keep from binding the front u-joints, 1350's with a 2" tube. It's clearanced to about 40* and that's still not enough. You have to go to the middle or so of the thread, it's in my sig. line, before you see the D60 and 14bolt swap.