• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If you've ever ordered from PRP Seats read this...

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I really don't like calling out vendors but if you have ever ordered seats from PRP seats in California check your credit card statements carefully, past statements and those in the future. They slipped a thousand dollar charge on my credit card hoping I wouldn't notice and have flat out ignored my phone calls. I called first hoping they would simply correct their hopefully just a billing mistake (I bought seats from them a year ago) but once they found out why I was calling I was sent to a voice mail and I've never heard from them again. I know the company changed hands last year and I guess they have everyone's cc info still on file.

My cc company opened a dispute with them and I've received my $ back but still, that's crappy. Both the charge and the fact that they refused to call me back. I just wanted to warn those of you who might not watch your accounts closely. Check for errant charges.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Thanks for the heads up. A friend of mine had it happen with mac tools years ago and they didnt seem too concerned.

mebco09

I find it amazing to think that companies do this. Pretty ridiculous that the cc companies let them.

I had a septic tank pumper hit my credit card 4 or 5 years after I last used them because they kept my card on file and "thought" they did some work for me. I had to dispute it and take time out of my day to deal with it.

Just goes to show you that you have to check that bill every month.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I think it's funny that they thought I wouldn't notice almost a thousand dollars? And that they were super nice on the phone to me until I said I had a billing problem I needed to talk to someone about...then crickets....

Customer service doesn't end after the sale people.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Unexpected (expected?) drawback of a cashless society. I can't go to a store and see the product I want first and then pay cash for it.

ransil

Bronco Guru
you would think they would try and avoid the charge back, but maybe they gambled and thought they could come out ahead.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
you would think they would try and avoid the charge back, but maybe they gambled and thought they could come out ahead.

Is there an additional fee when a charge back occurs?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Bunch of BS for sure and thank you for sharing young lady.. I hope you will make it to OCBR again this year..

Bring the old man and kids :)

Jason_PRP

Hi, Kerri, this is Jason DeArmond, Sales and Marketing Director at PRP. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this but I can guarantee you we have never intentionally done anything like this. Nor would we avoid calls from someone bringing this issue to light—we have 9 people who answer phone calls here.

We had a customer contact us about a $189 fraudulent charge last week and we pretty much dropped everything to research and resolve it. I assure you there must be something else going on here.

The only record we have with your name is a request for samples, then an order through a vendor and an email from you with an issue with the vinyl. I don't see a credit card under your name in any transaction.

Please give me a call directly at 951-894-5104 x107 and I will handle this myself. My suspicion is this is a case of credit card fraud by a third party. We've had several of these in the last couple of weeks but all have been resolved to my knowledge.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
This is what I call service!

Hi, Kerri, this is Jason DeArmond, Sales and Marketing Director at PRP. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this but I can guarantee you we have never intentionally done anything like this. Nor would we avoid calls from someone bringing this issue to light—we have 9 people who answer phone calls here.

We had a customer contact us about a $189 fraudulent charge last week and we pretty much dropped everything to research and resolve it. I assure you there must be something else going on here.

The only record we have with your name is a request for samples, then an order through a vendor and an email from you with an issue with the vinyl. I don't see a credit card under your name in any transaction.

Please give me a call directly at 951-894-5104 x107 and I will handle this myself. My suspicion is this is a case of credit card fraud by a third party. We've had several of these in the last couple of weeks but all have been resolved to my knowledge.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru

Hello Jason,

The issue has been resolved through my cc company, but thank you for finally responding. And I'm only regretful it took posting on here to get a response from the company. The reason you didn't have my name on file for this transaction is because I went through a vendor. But I also never received a call/email back when I reached out to y'all about the warranty on the problems with the vinyl through your website that you just referenced (I'm not going to go into that on this thread). I eventually had to talk to the vendor about that problem because of a lack of response.

But again, the issue with the charge has been resolved. And now people have a direct number in case the problem pops up again.

Thanks for reaching out through the forum.

House

Minutia Militia
So how did PRP charge $1000 on your card if you bought the seats through a distributor?

Jason_PRP

Hello Jason,

The issue has been resolved through my cc company, but thank you for finally responding. And I'm only regretful it took posting on here to get a response from the company. The reason you didn't have my name on file for this transaction is because I went through a vendor. But I also never received a call/email back when I reached out to y'all about the warranty on the problems with the vinyl through your website that you just referenced (I'm not going to go into that on this thread). I eventually had to talk to the vendor about that problem because of a lack of response.

But again, the issue with the charge has been resolved. And now people have a direct number in case the problem pops up again.

Thanks for reaching out through the forum.

If you ordered through a vendor, we wouldn't have received your credit card information. We charge the vendor and they bill the customer.

The invoice you referenced in your email before was charged to that vendor's credit card. The other invoice with your address on it was for samples and we wouldn't need any payment for that. It was a zero amount.

I understand it's been resolved and I'm glad, my concern is how it happened. We need to figure it out so it can't happen again.

Again, please call me so we can clarify what really happened here.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
If you ordered through a vendor, we wouldn't have received your credit card information. We charge the vendor and they bill the customer.

The invoice you referenced in your email before was charged to that vendor's credit card. The other invoice with your address on it was for samples and we wouldn't need any payment for that. It was a zero amount.

I understand it's been resolved and I'm glad, my concern is how it happened. We need to figure it out so it can't happen again.

Again, please call me so we can clarify what really happened here.

Sure thing

Jason_PRP

It appears, when Kerri ordered, unknown to us the dealer gave us her credit card information. When he ordered from us again about a month ago, we ran the number we have on file and charged $956.

This is completely against our policy. Credit cards we run should belong to the dealer and giving us someone else's information actually raises some serious legal issues. We will be addressing this with the dealer.

Either way, when Kerri called us a couple of weeks ago, we failed to call her back. That was not right and I do apologize. Furthermore, when she contacted us via our contact form about issues with her seat, we did not respond. Again, that was not right and I apologize.

We are continually working on our customer service policies and procedures and, as it appears, we have some work to do. I am sorry and will be working tirelessly to improve.