• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm a virgin!

olsonski

Loc.
Elgin
I got my first Bronco today! Its a 73 EB with only 55k original miles and all original and rust free and beautiful but I had a few questions. I want to leave it as original as possible or modify it with only things that are easily changed back. I thought it was going to have power steering, it does not. Would I need to change the whole rack and then get the accessory bracket and p/s parts do do this?
Also the door panels are in good shape but some of the clips are missing and I want to reattach it, is there a preferred site that has these?
And last for now, the steering wheel is huge, is there a common aftermarket smaller one you guys prefer on here?
Thanks all!

nutter3

Grant steering wheel. Or check wildhorses or toms for all you need as far as powersteering, clips and steering wheels. We need pictures! Congrats

OP
OP
O

olsonski

Loc.
Elgin
Thanks! Pics will have to wait. it was about 25 below this morning when it arrived and I want to wait until its above freezing to bring it out of hibernation.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I want to leave it as original as possible or modify it with only things that are easily changed back. I thought it was going to have power steering, it does not. Would I need to change the whole rack and then get the accessory bracket and p/s parts do do this?
Find a stock 76-77 power steering box. It will bolt up without modification. But be warned. They are not cheap!!! The pump and brackets are pretty common, and can be bought new, if desired, from most of the vendors.

Also the door panels are in good shape but some of the clips are missing and I want to reattach it, is there a preferred site that has these?
Most of the vendors sell those door clips.

And last for now, the steering wheel is huge, is there a common aftermarket smaller one you guys prefer on here?
Thanks all!
As stated, Grant makes some reasonable steering wheels, but again, as stated, wait until you get the PS installed!!!

OP
OP
O

olsonski

Loc.
Elgin
Also the ford letters in the grill that are red, one of them is silver, are there replacements for those as well?

bwnieder

Contributor
Also the ford letters in the grill that are red, one of them is silver, are there replacements for those as well?

All of this can be yours if the price is right. Any of the vendors at the top of the page carry these. I have had good luck with Tom's and Wild Horses. Have heard BCB is good as well, I just have not used them...yet.

Ratch

Contributor

You might want to look closely at the silver letter. It may just be that the color is missing. I think the center was painted with an enamel paint.

jkransbottom

Loc.
Stallings, NC
And technically you're not a virgin any longer - you done popped your cherry. Congratulations! Won't be long and you'll be a Bronco whore like so many others on here. ;D

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
And technically you're not a virgin any longer - you done popped your cherry. Congratulations! Won't be long and you'll be a Bronco whore like so many others on here. ;D

Well said!;D

Now you're gonna have to buy a busted up skeleton to build a crazy, firebreathing trail rig out of...

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well they all beat me to it on the steering wheel But I was also going to say don't change the wheel until you get the P/S done . Because you'll need to do something to the steering to mate up with the P/S box . I put a 79 ford tr tilt steering column on mine when I did my P/S. This reduced the wheel to 15'' I think.
... Check the sticky and how too's or search. Been done a thousand times.

OP
OP
O

olsonski

Loc.
Elgin
Well I didn't really introduce myself correctly. I'm not completely a virgin. I have had many rigs, and many fords, and even a full size 78 bronco and a bronco II.
I'm not sure why but it seems like the Jeep guys, the International guys, and the Ford guys are at odds. I like all of them. So you should all know I also have done some IH Scout restorations, and I wanted to try out an EB. So we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for all the help and encouragement. Once it warms up and I can see very little sparkling salt on the roads I will be out putting light miles on my new toy and getting my Bronco legs.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
well you have had all the rest, now you have the best. Welcome to sanity. We're all here to help. Just don't spend any real money on you rig without checking here first. You'll save a fortune and not have to redoo everything every couple of years.
Best wishes,
Steve

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You might want to look closely at the silver letter. It may just be that the color is missing. I think the center was painted with an enamel paint.

The center had translucent red plastic filling it. Eventually it falls out leaving just the chrome candy center. Must be a Sport model.

bell55

Loc.
Ventura, CA
Chuck at BCB has some really trick parts. Also Bronco graveyard has just about anything you'd need. Good luck.