• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm officially addicted!!

Razorbackbronco

Back last winter when I was researching and looking for my first bronco I remember seeing some of you guys with multiple broncos and I thought, now why would you need two?

Well I'm one of you guys now. I bought old blue back in march and started a frame off the last week of June. As I have progressed I have fallen in love with building this thing up!

On Tuesday I saw a 69 on my local craigslist about 45 minutes away. I of course read the description and found that it had a 302, 3speed, power brakes, practically a new set of old school buckshot mudders, and most importantly no rust. I had the owner send me a two minute video and I could tell that the body, aside from about 4 small dents and dings, was laser straight. So I sat at my desk at work for the next 20 minutes thinking of how I was going to convince the wife.
Well, I did I it! And here it is. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383959195.707792.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383959214.546751.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383959227.579849.jpg

The to do list includes:
-Polished Ion 171 wheels (already ordered)
-All new red bushings from the graveyard (after 44 years I think it's time!)
-Replace some weatherstripping
-prob gonna convert to floor shift with a duff kit
-add front flares. Went to order fiberglass ones from WH but shipping was going to be $63 so I'm going to see if any venders closer have them
-going to paint it torch red and Wimbledon white top. ( it currently has a very basic 20 foot paint job)

More pics to come. I also need to update my frame off build thread things are coming together on that one

slim811

Yes I know, We're sick.

I have 3 now. My friend made me scrap one or would have had 4.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
True confession time?

I have 4: 2 early Broncos and 2 full size! %)

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
I have 5...three early.....two full size...and have sold off three early...i don't need a bronco for every day of the week....anymore. Lol

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No wonder prices are all over the place. Classic guys are cornering the market!

Congrats on numero dos there Razorback.
And especially congrats on being so sensibly slick and sweet talking as to convince the wife another one would be a good thing! ;D
Hmm... Or was this "success" part of a trade-off of some kind?

Paul

OP
OP
Razorbackbronco

Razorbackbronco

Ill try the bronco hut. Thanks for the heads up!

Yes Paul thinking back to the negotiation process with the wife I'm afraid of what I promised. I just hope I didn't promise to go to any craft fairs!

slim811

Curious what paint color blue is on your 69 & Is it an original color? Always hard to tell from Pixs looks like paint is good. Besides liking red any reason you would be changing color? Thanks

OP
OP
Razorbackbronco

Razorbackbronco

Hey slim I'm not sure what color it is. I'm in the process of painting my 76 grabber blue and it is pretty close to that. It's a couple shapes darker than the grabber blue.

It has a very very basic paint job. Looks good in pictures but when you get closer than about 20 feet you can see how basic it is. Overspray everywhere, really rushed taped edges, plus he didn't pull the few dents and dings just sprayed over them.

I figure ill have under 20 hours of prep work on The body because there is no rust and all the panels line up perfect and doors shut great. I bought a devilbiss gun and have made a paint booth in my garage for the 76 so I'm gonna give it a shot myself.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Ill try the bronco hut. Thanks for the heads up!

Yes Paul thinking back to the negotiation process with the wife I'm afraid of what I promised. I just hope I didn't promise to go to any craft fairs!

You mean I should could raise may expectations!:eek: I go to the crafts fairs in hopes of getting sex.%);D;D

Congrates for the new addition, looks great.:cool: