• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In Dire Need Of Advice!!!

texfire

Loc.
LTOWN, TEXAS
Hey Guys (girls Too),

I Have A Pair Of Heedman Hedders I'm Told That The Fit Is Tight. My Question Is How Tight Is Tight Besides The Obvious (if They Rub They Don't Fit) What About The Wiring Is There Some Kinda Of Special Wrap That I Could Apply To My Wiring So It Does'nt Melt My Veins (wiring)?

Thanks, Texfire;d

ERLYBRONCKILLER

Loc.
New Port Richey Fl.
texfire said:
Hey Guys (girls Too),

I Have A Pair Of Heedman Hedders I'm Told That The Fit Is Tight. My Question Is How Tight Is Tight Besides The Obvious (if They Rub They Don't Fit) What About The Wiring Is There Some Kinda Of Special Wrap That I Could Apply To My Wiring So It Does'nt Melt My Veins (wiring)?

Thanks, Texfire;d
I'm running the Heddman elite headers on my Bronco with no intereferance. The only thing that gave me trouble was the dipstick tube. I have no body lift on yet so I don't know what the interferance would be with one. I do plan on lifting this month or next though. I would wrap them with good old header wrap and metal straps I don't think they have cme out with anything better. On some of my fuel lines I used reflective heat sleeves to keep the heat down. That way I don't cover my preeeettty Headers. Hey for almost $300 bucks through jegs I want to show them off;D

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
---I'm running the regular jet-hot coated hedmanns from the mass buy a couple of years ago--they fit in super easy with good clearance for tightening bolts & plugs--I had to mess with dipstick too ,but I have the newer style pan with the dipstick coming out of the block above the drivers side oil pan rail--not sure if they are necessary ,but I still have some little boots over the plug boots for extra protection,,these are from taylor ,but there a many manufactures-- I did put a piece of foil backed insulation on the brake line where it comes off the frame to the front axle cause it gets a little close in that area

Attachments

• P5111397.JPG
    P5111397.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 53
  • P5151470.JPG
    P5151470.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 52
  • P5071355-small.JPG
    P5071355-small.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 73

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Watch out for your front brake hose! That's how I started an engine fire on my first Bronco. Not to mention I lost my brakes while driving.

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
76 bronco J said:
---I'm running the regular jet-hot coated hedmanns from the mass buy a couple of years ago--they fit in super easy with good clearance for tightening bolts & plugs--I had to mess with dipstick too ,but I have the newer style pan with the dipstick coming out of the block above the drivers side oil pan rail--not sure if they are necessary ,but I still have some little boots over the plug boots for extra protection,,these are from taylor ,but there a many manufactures-- I did put a piece of foil backed insulation on the brake line where it comes off the frame to the front axle cause it gets a little close in that area

I'm not trying to be a smartbutt here but are the blue zip ties holding the heat wrap on high temp?

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
grs44310 said:
I'm not trying to be a smartbutt here but are the blue zip ties holding the heat wrap on high temp?
---the insulation is just to keep the radiant heat out of the brake line,,those nylon cable ties work good for this application without melting,,,I guess since they have been there for quite sometime & many miles ,, maybe between the ceramic coating on the headers & not actually touching the headers has allowed the nylon ties to survive,,,, hell I don't know ,,,,,trial & error

OP
OP
texfire

texfire

Loc.
LTOWN, TEXAS
Guys, you'all have some great advice & suggestions and "'76 bronco" Man I Hope I Can Get My Block Like Yours someday! It's smiling at me! Beautiful pic!
Thanks Again everyone,

Tex

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
The Heddmans go in easy enough. I never could keep them tight enough at the collector. I finally wound up putting in grade 8 bolts and nyloc nuts with lock washers to keep them tight.

If you ever need to change a starter, it's tight, but doable. A gear reduction unit would be much easier.

The passenger side was easier to install from the bottom for me.

I went back to manifolds and a 2 into 1 exhaust.

stlkikn

I am not running the Hedmans, but I too felt that the brake line was too close to the exhaust after installing my headers. I ran the hard line over the motor mount at the frame and relocated the junction to the frame there.
I am using a Rubicon Express rear stainless braided 22" long line. (same line as I use at the rear, they are DOT'd a well)