• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA In need of 4r70w dip stick

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
City: Foothill Ranch
Looking for late 90s - 2000s 4r70w stock dip stick for my transmission swap. I have the tube, just need the cable dip stick. My handle broke off. About 32.5" tip to base if that helps. :cool:

Last edited:

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Been looking for one myself... One V8 Explorer between Newark and Salinas, went to Moss landing PnP and the handle was broken off :(
4.0 V6 are not the same... Good luck with the Search.

OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
bigmuddy - Thanks and this could be a good option if I cant find just the stick

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hup-hp5335

tasker - good question. The trans is out of a 2000 Explorer and I haven't done the swap yet. Still collecting all the parts. I understand the stock explorer tube can be "tweaked" to fit, but maybe F-150 or Van is an easier fit? Trying to maintain somewhat of a ford factory look, sort of........ or I could go Lokar in a pinch.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
went Lokar with mine...but the tube has to match the stick
00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZYRdv9qJViDHEUtHd1p0jR5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg.jpg
00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZjrPi0pT5bHnSGlrxyYJtJ5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg.jpg

Last edited:

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Now that I see the Lokar, I would do that instead of the Hughes. The Hughes is a nice piece and locks but it also sit low between the block and the firewall. Maybe you could bend it over but I didn't want to take the risk. On the other hand, you almost can't see it so maybe thats better if your looking for something more stock?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I saw a fairly complete truck at the u-jerk-it this morning. I'll run back out tomorrow morning and see if it's still there on that truck.

Todd Z.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I understand the stock explorer tube can be "tweaked" to fit, but maybe F-150 or Van is an easier fit? Trying to maintain somewhat of a ford factory look, sort of........
Factory tube can be bent slightly forward, clears the hood with a 1" body lift.

BruiserOutdoors

Took me a long while to find one in decent shape. Got one from Sandmann years ago and it was a little too crusty for my build. Available if somebody wants it.