• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

insurance ?

hdmc

Loc.
goodyear AZ
are there any company's out there where i can buy a policy that will cover the value of my bronco like say 15000 just incase it get stolen or totaled ?

broncofiresmith

I have Hagerty issurance on mine for a agreed declared value. Sometimes it is hard to get that done if there has been a lot of modifactions done to the Bronco.

bosshoff

Contributor
These policies can be expensive. They are called "Stated Rate Policies". Chubb Insurance company is the premier company in classic car circles (expensive). Most companies will do a stated rate policy, but you will need to find a company to do an accurate appraisal of your vehicle, based on the current value, not blue/black book.

OP
OP
hdmc

hdmc

Loc.
goodyear AZ
thats what i was afraid of i guess i'm going to have to sleep in it more than just when the wifey is pissed . to me its priceless but its modified not fully restored so my insurance wont insure it for what it would cost me to replace it .

brewchief

I just switched my insurance to comprehensive coverage, when I talked to the rep the said I could declare a value but wouldn't guarantee a payout, if I got a appraisal they said they would use that and blue book to determine payout, I now have 7000$ comp on my 74, I didn't need an appraisal because that is between low and mid blue book. I also cheacked on the haggerty insureance tonight, it was under 300$ a year for 10,000$ coverage but you are limited on how much you drive it, mine has historic plates so I'd be fine with that, I think I may switch over in the spring.

Brewchief;D

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I've got hagerty - had to list mods and supply pics - even one of it specifically in the garage (have to air down the tires to get it in). 0 deductible, no mileage limits.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I have American Collectors Insurance covering my rig. $90/year for full coverage with a 3000 mile limit... but they did not even balk at my stated value of $15K. They did say that should it get stolen, recepts showing the value would help in determining the true payout.

They just wanted pictures of it.. nothing else except a verbal description.

jdcone

Loc.
riverside, ca
AAA insures my 54 Chevy pick-up @ $35K. I had to show them reciepts for the build and have it appraised. Once they saw it they believed it was worth that much. It costs $186.00yr with a 5K mile limit and garage kept.

70 sport WA

Contributor
My sense is that on average you can get a declared or agreed policy from a "classic" company like Haggerty for about $100/year for value of about $15,000, but also a declared value policy for the same value for about $200/year with a typical company (mine is with Safeco) if you have other daily-driver vehicles also insured. Some have gone with the classic car companies and a) have restrictions, b) have no restrictions, or c) think they have no restrictions.

Dan

Incognito

Loc.
Key West, Florida
Bronco Insurance

As an insurance adjuster I would advise you to read the entire full policy from cover to cover at least 3 times. You will then learn that you did not get the coverage the agent said you did. Agents do not understand the full policy and are notorious for giving out incorrect info.

All the collectors car policies will require it be garage stored, not used off-road, have driving restrictions. After all that is what a collector car is as opposed to a daily driver. If an agent tells you that is not so under that policy I would request a copy of the full policy-all the 40 pages not just a summary or declarations page.

The blue book numbers have recenlty increased due to the popularity, restoration trends and sales prices that we have created over the past 5-7 years. The numbers are pretty high but I would still take plenty of photos and keep every receipt for every modification or item you buy.

Be careful as you probably do not have the coverage you believe you do. I go with the straight blue-book as all I am gonna get...ever! An agreed upon number will also be depreciated from that agreed upon day on. check the policy language!

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
I have full coverage from Hagerty, 20K replacement value, for $200 a year, and it was done all on the phone. They never saw it or checked anything, or where I park it. I elected to add my other 2 Nissans on for towing only, so I pay $300 a year and all 3 can be towed 125 miles.....

Tuck

I have American Collectors Insurance covering my rig. $90/year for full coverage with a 3000 mile limit... but they did not even balk at my stated value of $15K. They did say that should it get stolen, recepts showing the value would help in determining the true payout.

They just wanted pictures of it.. nothing else except a verbal description.

Got this too. Paid extra for the 7500 mile policy. If not I could only use it for joyrides only (joyrides=drive with no destination. That means you can't even drive it on errands or to work). Has to be garage kept too. Also, NO ONE can drive it with less than 10 yrs of driving experience. I thought that part was a crock, but it's cheap coverage.

pharmin06

I brokered both mine through a local company with haggerty with declared values of 35K and 36K. It cost me $562 a year, i cant drive'em to work (had to show a policy for my primary vehicle, which they made me increase coverage limits on), keep in a locked garage, with no mileage limits. Anyone had to use their insurance, Hagerty etc, for a pay out????