• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

intake manifold vacumn

crankman

my 76 has a edlebrook 289 performer manifold and i need to use a vacumn openning which it has in the rear portion. i saw 3 allen head flush fittings kinda shaped in a triangle fashion in the back. before i start guessing which to try does any one know which it would be? %)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Sounds like you might have one of the older 289 performers. I believe that 2 of them will lead to the water crossover. The one thats closest to the carb should be the one you want it should be on the #8 intake runner. Also sometimes theres one at the rear of the manifold just under the carb mounting base.

OP
OP
crankman

crankman

COOL thanks i was trying to avoid a anti freeze bath opening the wrong one. wasnt sure if it was under any pressure. now just got to find the fitting that screws in the manifold thanks again ;D