• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Introducing myself!

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
Gents (& Ladies if you're here!),

I've been visiting your site for about 2 months now reading and researching and am starting to recognize a bunch of your usernames and figure you'll start recognizing mine in the months to follow!

I've always wanted a "classic" truck but finances never permitted it. However, I was able to convince my wife (she'll figure me out soon! LOL!) it was more cost effective to go this route than to keep making payments on a newer vehicle and watching that money go down the drain. Well, my wife bought me a '75 Bronco this summer while I was in Iraq! Actually, her dad picked it out for me after ensuring it was "sound" and a decent buy and had it shipped to NC for my homecoming. Not before replacing the floor pans and making a couple of cosmetic improvements due to rust/bullet holes and the like.

Well, I've started the process of preserving it. It is my daily driver so I'm limited with how much I can tear it apart. In the meantime, I've wire brushed and sanded most of the interior rust and rattle-canned in some primer to prevent the growth of more rust. I've also replaced all of the rubber trim to eliminate the majority of the squeaks, bangs and wind noise while driving down the road. I've also cleaned up some of the exterior rust as well and recoated it with primer and some-what matching paint to make it a little less off an eye-sore.

I also replaced the door panels and will be spraying in the SEM liner this weekend (that is if my new air compressor can do the job properly--60 gal, 3.7 running horsepower, 155 max psi and 12/14 cfm 40/90 psi?). Once these tires are shot, I'll be lifting it 3.5" and putting bigger tires on it (I'll have to stick with the 15" rims for now until the next time around).

I'm new to ALL of this and am open for suggestions. Like I said, my intent is to preserve for now and 3-5 years down the road (when my finances are better) start the restoration process.

So, with all of that being said, I just wanted to introduce myself and warn you that I'll be pestering you all for quite some time come!

If you got this far, thanks for sticking it out!;)

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
There are a few ladies here, but I'm the most awesome. %) :p ;)

Seriously, you sound like me when I started with my 66. And now I have a 71 as well. Hope you don't have an addictive personality!

Thanks for your service. My brother did 2 tours in Iraq. We bought him an Audi A4 for his homecoming.

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
Welcome, you aready know your in the right place. There are some of the smartest people here and not just about Broncos and they are ready to help.

Scott 756

Loc.
Fond du Lac, WI
welcome fellow newbie. I too am new to this forum. you can research anything her and find very nice folks that are more than willing to share their extensive knowledge. lets see some pics of the your rig;D

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you and all your fellow soldiers for their service. My daughter just got done over there in Iraq also, and is back in Hawaii. Welcome to the addiction!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Welcome! Sounds like you have great in-laws! Looks like the Bronco is in pretty good shape to begin with. Good luck with your build and keep us posted with pics of your progress.

GnisroH

Loc.
Harrisonburg, VA
Welcome, great lookin' Bronco. There are a lot of people in the VA/TN/NC area that would be willing to offer advice, etc. I'm not excluding members in other states, just pointing out your surrounding area. Sounds like you have some good, realistic goals. Good luck.:)

1owner66

Loc.
Georgetown Texas
4x4babygirl yes you are truly awesome but this newbie got a much better homecoming present than your brother!!

Welcome home bro. And welcome to the Bronco world and CB.com. As far as cost effective??? You should have bought a newer truck!

Indybronco

Loc.
Twentynine Palms, CA
Jboomer, welcome to the club! Sounds like you've got some good plans for the Bronco. I live right down the road from you so let me know if you want to meet up some time. I'm currently restoring a '78 Bronco and driving my '74 in the meantime so I'm available to lend a hand some time.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service.

Nice rig, BTW.

OP
OP
jboomer

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Indybronco-I appreciate the offer! I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that!

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Welcome aboard! and like said before, Thank You for your service! It is truly appreciated!

it looks like your father-in-law did a good job picking a solid Bronco. Lots of potential in that one.
depending on how you want to build it, it need not cost a small fortune.
some guys on here have spent ludicrously obscene amounts of money and built beautiful, comfortable and capable trucks. whereas I've owned mine for 10 years, and including purchase price, I have about $5000 invested in it.
it's comfortable, reliable and capable...I just left beautiful out of the equation! ;D

see ya 'round the board... yer gonna learn a lot hangin out with these guys (and crazy ladies)

jjwtwice

Loc.
IGH, MN
Welcome, I'm new myself as of the last couple of months. This is a great forum to bounce ideas off of other people as you are thinking about what you want to do. Everyone here is very knowledgeable, has great experience, and is willing to share their opinions. As I am learning though, It's your rig, in the end you'll do what you think is right for it. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your progress as you move forward.